“"Student at Tulsa Welding living at Homestead"” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows
Ranked #111 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville
“"Student at Tulsa Welding living at Homestead"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

My name is Yusuf Abdullah. My stay at Homestead Studio Suites in Jacksonville was excellent! The humility of the staff is the best i have ever recieved anywhere i have been... Ms. Baker, Mrs. Stinson and Ms. Kim deserve recognition for their commitment to their company and their guest.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BAM9631, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you so very much for your encouraging review of our hotel and for recognizing the hard work of the management staff and efforts of Kim. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to her; we think she is a wonderful Guest Service Representative as well! As a whole, we strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pooler, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Guess I should have read the reviews prior to staying. Brand new to trip advisor so I need to remember to check out reviews. I was looking for a place to stay near MEPS since my son was swearing in as an Air Force officer. Where he was staying was far too expensive for one night. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get any help checking out. I had to go downstairs and get the luggage rack and it was wobbly and hard to maneuver. But it being an extended stay maybe you are expected to do things on your own. I did turn on the heater and there was a odor which I expected but the smoke alarm went off and stayed on for awhile. I knew I was okay but no one followed up. All in all it met the purpose of my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Donna G
ESH-RDO, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

In response to your comments about the air conditioning unit, we have inspected all in-room air conditioners and made any necessary repairs to ensure that we don't have a repeat of your particular incident in the future. I can assure you that we will continue to maintain strict quality control measures, and would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I go to Tulsa Welding School and every since I got here thing have been fine for me.When I checked in the front desk did tell me about the 9pm rule of hanging out side. I didnt undserstand at first why untill I seen some other guest complain to the front desk there were a group of guys hanging out real late and she didnt feel comfortable and wanted to just check out. My room was fine and like I said I understand the reason why now about the 9pm rule of hanging out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I'm currently living here with my long time boyfriend, he attends Tulsa Welding school. It is awful. While there are a handful of roudy boys here from the school we are not included in that, we stay in our room, aren't loud, never disrespectful. Apparently I'm not allowed out past 9, I can't even go smoke a cigarette outside (They complain when we smoke in our rooms, even though we have a smoking room) Often times I don't even get off work until after 9, say I wanted to grill some chicken? Nope. Not allowed. Stay in your room. They threatened to call the cops if I didn't put out my cigarette and go inside, now I understand that they have to keep the place safe but I was just smoking a cigarette. What the hell? Most of the tenets here are Tulsa students, which is where their income comes from, they don't do anything for us, they don't clean our rooms, they don't give us towels or toilet paper, and that's fine, but when I pay 600+ a month for rent I expect not to be treated like I'm 15. I do not reccomend this hotel/motel for anyone. I haven't seen hookers, to my knowledge there hasn't been terrible fights, not since I've been here at least. So why are they being so terrible?

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie C

charlotte, nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Well they keep removing my reviews for publishing the truth about this place so I will just say that the other negative reviews are 100% correct. The convenient location cant make up for the other numerous problems this place suffers. I can tell you that nobody on the staff cares about your peace and security here, doors are slamming round the clock, the maintenance and housekeeping staff go in and out of rooms by dropping the slide latch then banging the doors over and over as they go in and out. I mean who does that? Complaints fall on deaf ears, the worst managed hotel property I have ever seen. Message me if you need more details.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ghenghis
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am eager to respond to your concerns. We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We recognize that we have failed in that mission. We would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. We are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotel(sm) other location throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Thank you again.
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Dangerous, frightening, horrible, filthy. I was chased by drunks in the parking lot. Solicited for sex in the halls. Given an already occupied room (TWICE). Finally given a room with a broken TV and no pillows that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. A filthy cigarette burned blanket was given to me to replace the pillows as the solo staff member on shift couldn't find any. I stayed half an hour and fled. DON'T EVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Worldzeyez24
East Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place caters to the Tulsa Welding School students - a rough crowd of guys. Police were there 5 days a week due to fights, drunken brawls and drug dealing; really bad on weekends. No shortage of hookers at times as well. Dog crap everywhere outside and urine soaked carpets. Guests prop open the exterior doors all the time to let transients and non-residents in to get their party favors.

I stayed there over 1 month while looking for an apartment and had to leave suddenly when the students got drunk and threatened to beat me up on several occasions. WiFi doesn't work half the time.

Staff knows about the problems but refuses to do anything or kick out the troublemakers.

STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Room Tip: Best Room is NO Room !