“Do not stay here! You really get what you pay for!”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows
Ranked #106 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Pensacola, FL
“Do not stay here! You really get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Outdated rooms. They never clean bathroom just new towels. When I left I noticed mold growing in tub when I moved my bath wash. Sometimes they vacuum. I was new to the area so I stayed because I didnt want to move until I found a place. The worst experience!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jahree2
BAM9631, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to express your concerns. It is unfortunate that your stay here at the property was not as expected by you and desired by us as a company. Despite your distaste we do miss seeing you, you were with us since September and we grew accustomed to seeing your smiling face. At times it is very difficult to accommodate guest that are on a strict sleeping schedule. When we set our housekeeping day we want to ensure that everyone is provided the services, however, it is quite difficult to mandate that the housekeepers stay additional hours once they have been denied entry to the room when they arrive to render services. We are apologetic and want you to know that we have provided a small refund to your credit card because we are definitely concerned about your opinion of us. Thank you for lodging with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and It was great. Our first room we checked into was not very clean I went to the front desk and told them about it they where more than curtious and moved us to another room which was great nice big bedk nice and clean and very comfy. If I have to ever had to do a long stay or a business trip this is where I would stay love the kitchen in the room as well so over all was a great experience for me

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Morgan Mill, Texas
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I travel all around the US on business. I am away from home more than I am home. The staff here were great in every way possible. They new I was alone and did not know anyone in the area. They made me feel at home and after 2.5 months became like family. The hotel is clean and I always felt safe. As a female traveler that is important. I hope my travels will bring me back to Jacksonville at some point and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I was on an extended stay for business reasons and this hotel was convenient for my needs. No frills but generally clean and average. The television cable service does not include either a CBS or NBC affiliate so don't expect to see any of the weekend NFL games or golf tournaments those networks carry. Seems strange that local channels are not carried.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I certainly want to apologize for your dissatisfaction. I actually had a technician to come in today to rectify the matter in regards to the channels provided, so we have fixed the issue. I do know the importance of being able to watch your favorite shows or games on designated days. Still, I am pleased to hear that all of our other amenities met your needs.

We know that you as a guest are our greatest investment and we desire that you continue to trust us with your lodging needs.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for 5+ months on business and will be here for another 2 or 3 months. While it is not a Marriot or Hilton, it is more than adequate and comfortable. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The staff is extremely personable, nice and very helpful with requests and always greet me by name as I come and go; makes the stay that much more pleasurable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TheoC69
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have just recently begun staying at Extended Stay America after years of using the name-brand hotels that give points I never seem to accumulate enough of for a free night. I was not favorably impressed with ESA Jacksonville Baymeadows. It is clean with comfortable beds, a large flat screen TV, a full kitchen with a real refrigerator, and a bathroom that is both clean and large. However, the carpets are extremely old and dirty and the drapes and bed covers look old as well. I was also not able to get the first floor accessible room I had reserved but that is common at ESA these days. I will be staying at ESA from now on and saving between $25 and $50 per night versus those name brand hotels but I think I'll try a different ESA when I am in Jacksonville next.

Room Tip: It will take ESA several years to upgrade this hotel. The price is very good but the quality at this...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pittston
Bunnlevel, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife stayed at this "hotel" 18-19 Jan 2013. We booked it because of the great experiences we had at other Homestead Suites in the past.
First off, don't expect any kind of maid service unless you you have reservations for 7 days. We asked for clean towels and were told unless we stayed for seven days, they did not provide maid service. We had to take our dirty towels down to the front desk and ask for clean towels.
Our first night there, there were five police cars and one unmarked car making a drug bust or something like that in the parking lot. When I asked the front desk what was going on, the reply was "Oh, are the police in the parking lot? We didn't know." If I could see the flashing lights from the front desk, surely they could see them.
My wife asked for a map of the local area. Instead of Jacksonville area, she was given a map of Orlando.
The room was dirty, former guests food was left in refrigerator, and there was a sour smell to the room. If you drink coffee, you best bring your own own, or pay them 75 cents for a pack of coffee (First time I ever had to pay for a pack of coffee at a hotel) There was a trash bag full of garbage in the hall way at 7:00 PM , it was still there the next day at 9:00 PM.

One lady who checked in the second day, had to beg for a new room because the room assigned to her was filthy and smelled of urine, Needless to say she wasn't very happy, and was looking for a new hotel the next day. (She told us she had booked a room for 5 days, but one night was enough for her.
If there was a rating worse then terrible, I would give it to this hotel. It is a disgrace to the Homestead Suites chain. I wouldn't recommend this "hotel" to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before booking, and don't book this "hotel"
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends