“property experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #112 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“property experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I ended up at this Baymeadows- Jacksonville, Florida extended stay by chance. I booked the Extended Stay 10020 Skinner lake rd. It was horrible. I arrived in late after driving from Ft. Lauderdale. The room was a disaster. The toilet seat lid was broken. The fan over the stove didn't work. The roof looked like the room above had a leak. There was insects crawling from that area in the roof. Kitchen draws were broken. There was no garbage under the kitchen sink. I called back to the front desk to complain and get a different room but was told they didn't have any and that I should come down the next morning once other guests had checked out. My reservation was for three nights.That night I went on the internet found another location (Baymeadows) for the remaining two nights. I checked out the next morning and told the front desk how the room was and they don't need to rent that room to anyone else. My room was #312. I arrived to Baymeadows to receive a pleasant smile which I truly needed after going through a hard ordeal with my trip from the beginning. Bresha was at the front desk and greeted me with a big and friendly smile. Once in my room I then proceeded to book reservations for the remaining duration of my trip. I have received excellent service at this hotel I would recommend this hotel location to other family members and friends. Staff was extremely pleasant.. this trip is for medical purposes......

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank opaldw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

The staff here is rude, the housekeeping is awful. We checked in and there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, I called the front desk and the lady was rude. Housekeeping wouldn't even come and pick up the towels and replace them even after we asked them to. The stove is broken. There is just a laundry list of complaints. On the plus side, the location is good, and the refrigerator in the room comes in handy. Other than that there's not many positives.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Felicia0701
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Spent 8 months here...Had some issues...So what, Man up. Keep your house clean...Cuz, IT IS YOUR HOUSE while you are there...Idiots come and idiots go...Good cheap housing with a ride to school...Get a roomy.

Room Tip: I loved the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron S
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Dont stay there find someplace else. It was worse then staying at a cheap motel 6. We did not even receive room service cleaning or clean towels for the entire 3 day stay. I would not even reccomend this motel to my enemies!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont stay there
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Russell M
Pensacola, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

Outdated rooms. They never clean bathroom just new towels. When I left I noticed mold growing in tub when I moved my bath wash. Sometimes they vacuum. I was new to the area so I stayed because I didnt want to move until I found a place. The worst experience!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank jahree2
BAM9631, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to express your concerns. It is unfortunate that your stay here at the property was not as expected by you and desired by us as a company. Despite your distaste we do miss seeing you, you were with us since September and we grew accustomed to seeing your smiling face. At times it is very difficult to accommodate guest that are on a strict sleeping schedule. When we set our housekeeping day we want to ensure that everyone is provided the services, however, it is quite difficult to mandate that the housekeepers stay additional hours once they have been denied entry to the room when they arrive to render services. We are apologetic and want you to know that we have provided a small refund to your credit card because we are definitely concerned about your opinion of us. Thank you for lodging with us.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here and It was great. Our first room we checked into was not very clean I went to the front desk and told them about it they where more than curtious and moved us to another room which was great nice big bedk nice and clean and very comfy. If I have to ever had to do a long stay or a business trip this is where I would stay love the kitchen in the room as well so over all was a great experience for me

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Morgan Mill, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I travel all around the US on business. I am away from home more than I am home. The staff here were great in every way possible. They new I was alone and did not know anyone in the area. They made me feel at home and after 2.5 months became like family. The hotel is clean and I always felt safe. As a female traveler that is important. I hope my travels will bring me back to Jacksonville at some point and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business