“It was a good stay”

Ranked #102 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Bremerton, Washington
“It was a good stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We came to Jacksonville to attend "Shrimp Fest" on Alameda Island. This hotel was real well located near down town and the beaches. We liked that our room had a kitchenette so we could make breakfast in the morning, but watch out because making toast can set off the fire alarm in the room. There are also really good resturants nearby. Our favorites were Bono's BBQ, Gators and Chick a fila. It's not a posh hotel and the service was so so, but it had everything for a decent stay. The things I didn't like are that the bed was very hard, not enough pillows and there was a sleight musty smell.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiley66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed here one night while on a spur of the moment weekend trip to St Augustine and Jacksonville. Since moving to Florida from the midwest last year I have enjoyed taking my fiancee around the state to show her things I have seen on previous trips and exploring new things for both of us. After a long day exploring the Old Town in St Augustine and then zipping up US 1 to Jacksonville to get a little bit of the ocean and a dinner at The Jacksonville Landing, I decided the 2 hour drive back to Orlando could wait til the following day. I decided to head to the Baymeadows section of Jacksonville to find a place to spend the night. I was familiar with that area of town and knew there would be lots to choose from.

I was able to get a queen bed suite with a full kitchen (not that I really needed the kitchen) for $65 including tax. I was expecting to pay more with tax but was pleasantly surprised to discover the rate.

The room was clean. The room showed a bit of age but it was still a perfectly fine room. The fridge and microwave looked like they were cleaned after the previous person who stayed in the room left. The television was fully functional, but the cable signal was a bit weak. It may be time for the television to be upgraded as well. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint was they should stow an extra pillow or two in a dresser drawer for those guests that arrive after the front desk closes at 10 and there is really no way to get an extra pillow.

Overall, a good nights sleep in a clean, comfortable room... I would stay here again in the future. It is a much better choice than the Motel 6 on the other side of I-95 or the somewhat seedy looking La Quinta over there as well.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
NOBLESVILLE
Reviewed 19 July 2008

This is a good value place to stay. The room was simple, but clean. It had a full kitchen. There was a laundry facility on site. Free gym membership down the street was included.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — No change avaiable and no pool on site
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 15 June 2006

I'm staying at Baymeadows for a few months - less expensive than executive housing or short term apartments while I'm in town for a summer internship.
The front desk staff is exceptionally friendly & helpful. Room is clean and nice. I love that they allow me to have my dog and have wireless internet at a very reasonable price. The hotel feels very safe, although there is not much around beyond office parks and a couple of fast food restaurants.
The highway is close by and they have a stoplight at the intersection with the main road. It makes it very easy to get around the area.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2004

I placed a reservation weeks in advance, but when we arrived our room had not even been cleaned. We were moved to another room where at least the bed was made, but the floor had not been vacuumed, the counter had not been cleaned, and the showerhead was pretty gross. The second night, when we came back our key cards didn't work, and we had to get new ones. Also, they only had one person on staff at night in a busy hotel. Anytime we needed anything, like a new room or new keys, I had to look all over the place for him. He was never at the front desk. We were supposed to stay 4 nights, but after 2, we couldn't take it anymore and moved to the Holiday Inn Express which was fantastic.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2004

Homestead Suites at Baymeadow was a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I went to the Gator Bowl in December 2003 and stayed there for several days. The room was quite large (king sized bed) and very, very clean. It had a kitchenette with fridge, microwave and all the dishes we needed. I have to say that at the price I got the room for from the Internet, I just wasn't sure what we would be getting or where it would be located. Needless to say, we were very, very pleased. IT WAS PERFECT. Now keep in mind, if you are looking for a hotel that offers bars and restaurants, gift shops etc., this is not for you. This hotel purely accomodates those who aren't interested in those amenities.
However, if your point of staying at a hotel is to sleep and go elsewhere to "party", please know that this one is for you. In addition, the hotel is right off exit 341 of I-95 so there was quick access to everything. It is located in an excellent part of town...very modern buildings for everything and many restaurants are right at your finger tips. We found the Waffle House (a block away) to employ the friendliest people ever! Although WVU lost the Gator Bowl, the accomodations and great atmosphere in Jacksonville made it all better (okay, not ALL but we loved it).

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member