“Great Food WORST SERVICE EVER”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #1,232 of 2,000 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food WORST SERVICE EVER”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

On Sunday May 12th at 7 PM EST we arrived at Bob Evans 3250 Hodges Road. Myself and my parents decided to eat at this location given the wonderful experience we have had in the past in particular when traveling in Ohio.
Upon being seated our waitress who was not wearing a name tag arrived and took our drink order. She then disappeared for about 10 minutes before arriving with our drinks and bread basket. We then placed our dinner order which was 3 dinner entrees and we asked for a side of gravy to go with our business while we ate our soups. She quickly brought our bowl of gravy for the biscuits but then disappeared for some 20 minutes before bringing our soup. Given that our entrees had been ordered some 20 minutes earlier we quickly ate our soup in preparation for our main meal. Again the waitress disappeared and showed up about 30 minutes later with our main entrees. We were asking for drink refills and had to flag down other servers to get that done.

All the while the assistant manager watched this happen as he was standing within ear shot and eye site of where we were seated.

When the main entre was delivered my mom’s meal was incorrect as she ordered grilled chicken breast plain and not barbque chicken which she was brought. In addition I was told they were out of cole slaw and I would need to wait while they made up some more. We had to wait another 15 minutes before finally her grilled chicken breast was delivered along with my slaw.
Finally we asked for our desserts which was included with our meal and it took another 20 minutes to get those out to our table. During this time Larry came over and informed us he had sent our waitress home. When we got the final bill it too was incorrect. We then had to wait for the assistant manager to come and make the adjustments from being overcharged to our final bill.

• Visited May 2013

“Poor food/ good Service”
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

The Service was good but the food was not so great. We went for the 9.99 3-Course meal we got our soup fast was hot at first then got cold real fast. While trying to finish the soup our food also very fast got there. We got the Sirloin steak with Mac and cheese. The whole Plate had oil on it my hubby try to tell me it was just the Juice from the meat. Okay I will try I cut in to it which takes I little bit of work and when I got a Piece to try was very chewy and look and Tasted more like a Plank steak then sirloin. Mac & cheese was cold. After that you get a Dessert but after two very poor meals we done. I ask for cookies to go. And more rolls ( which were the only thing we really like ). When we got home give the cookies to the kids and they spit them out in the trash. Sorry to say but we will not be going back!

Visited May 2013
Colorado
“Good Family Dining Value”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I've never eaten at a Bob Evans and I wanted a good meal without the fine dining price. I knew that this was a well rounded family style restaurant with a wide variety of offerings. In addition to the regular menu, the restaurant offered a specials page of 3 courses including dessert for $9.99. I had the blackened fish and it was exactly what I wanted.

The server was very friendly and fast. The meal itself was very tasty and a good value! I will eat at Bob Evans again based on this experience! The breakfast offerings looked excellent and I noticed the group next to me were enjoying the pancakes.

You can feed your family here and not break the bank.

• Visited April 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great Pot Roast Sandwich”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

if you want good home cook tasting food - this is the place
they also have a terrific 7 bean soup that can be a meal in itself
one of the cleaner B.E. around

Visited March 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Food and service somewhat lacking”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We've been here a few times and our experience was generally disappointing. The food is average at best and not really a good value for the money. While it isn't really that expensive, we do expect at least reasonably good service - which is rarely given.

• Visited November 2011