“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stonewood Grill & Tavern

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Grill & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 1,982 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Looking for the best seafood and steaks in Florida? Experience polished casual dining at your local Stonewood Grill & Tavern restaurant, part of the Stonewood Holdings family of restaurants.
Long Beach, California
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoyed a terrific steak, and then a piece of an amazing banana cream pie for dessert. The location was a little bit difficult to find, but well worth it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jeff D

“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Both of us had the filet mignon and asked for a medium temp.. Mine was overcooked had to send it back but when it finally did make back, it it was cooked to right temp..but had to eat alone..:(.. the only other thing I think they could improve is the choice of music playing..when u go to a steak house u want some dinner music ..instead Rick James, and other 80's &70 's ..which dont get me wrong love that music..but not for a romantic dinner night..!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Good Food, But Not Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We dined here for the first time the Saturday evening before Mother's Day as an early celebration. We had a reservation, but still waited about 10 minutes or so, for our table. The wait without the reservation would have been an hour. Three in our party had grouper, which was cooked very well but not exceptionally sauced or topped. My husband had the short ribs that were very tender and flavorful, but again it seemed as if the preparation and presentation were not particularly remarkable. The service was excellent - friendly, prompt and we were visited by the manager as well. The blue cheese chips appetizer was good and easily served the four of us, including two teens. The orange cake was excellent and the generous slice was shared by all of us again. While I was not unhappy with any of my food, I am not sure that I would return simply because it did not stand out significantly. For the same price, I could go to The Aqua Grill at the beach or Mathew's and I feel the food is more creatively prepared at both of those places.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Read the menu well!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We dined with a group of 6. Everyone had something different. I chose the Mediterranian chicken, which was delicious. The cost is $17.50 for one piece of chicken oped with mushrooms, goat cheese, tomatoes, crisp green beans and basil served with rice pilaf on the side. A nice portion.
The menu states that it comes with two sides. My server said the rice pilaf was a side so I ordered asparagus as my side.

When the check came, $4.50 was added for asparagus. I questioned it and the $4.50 was taken off my check.

Read the menu well. Be sure you understand what you're ordering. The $4.50 was about 10% of my check so don't pay more than you should.

• Visited April 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't bother ordering dessert!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had been craving bread pudding for months. I finally caved to my sweet tooth and decided we would grab take out dessert - bread pudding of course and a slice of chocolate cake. Both were terrible. The bread pudding is entirely too large and was severely over cooked on the outside (burnt) and the center complete mush with an awful taste and texture. The bourbon sauce was awful. Not only not what I expected but the worst bread pudding I've ever had in my life! My daughter (the expert on chocolate cake) said that hers was pretty bad as well. Pretty tough to mess up chocolate cake in my opinion. Two desserts...$20...never going back!

• Visited April 2014