“Food is out of bounds”

Ranked #61 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" for our Duck Grilled Cheese, we are located in "The elbow" downtown Jacksonville's entertainment district. Our locals know that our Fish Tacos, Steak & Aged Gouda Cheese, and our "Deep-Dish" Quiche may even edge our the Duck Grilled Cheese. Stop by and watch our chefs prepare you lunch in our open exhibition kitchen. Everything is prepared from scratch daily, as such some items are only available in limited quantities.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had several of their sandwiches and have not been disappointed. The turkey sage and duck confit are my favorites. Their butternut squash and clam cowder soups are killer too

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Olio is only a block or so away from the conference hotel so we had lunch their one of the conference days. The restaurant is located in late-19th century building with large windows that light the dining space quite nicely.

The ordering regime is similar to sit-down fast-food restaurants but with a fine menu. You place your order with the cashier after selecting your lunch off the hand-held menu. You then find your seat and wait for your name to be called. You then pick up your lunch on a tray, eat your meal and bus your own table.

We had the chicken salad sandwich with Gazpacho soup and the Cobb Salad with the same Gazpacho. Wonderfully prepared and compares favorably with any local restaurant open for lunch.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

A simple order at the counter lunch place with a menu unlike most such operations. Very inventive and unique, with soups, salads, and sandwiches you might have a hard time finding elsewhere. Staff was very friendly and more than ready to explain exactly what any menu item entails. You had the sense they really wanted you to enjoy the food. And we certainly did. I'd eat lunch a lot more often if I had a place like this near me.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Thank you Chef DeSanto and marvelous staff. Our son got married in November, we are from NJ...Chef DeSanto's staff put on an affair that will be talked about for a very long time. Pricing was more than reasonable, food was over the top and the atmosphere for out-of-towners was welcoming and awe-inspiring. I recently had an opportunity to visit again, for lunch, and again...terrific!!!! Can't wait to stop by on my next visit to Jax!!

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a lunch spot while killing time in Jax, and was lucky enough to find Olio's. this is a no frills joint with friendly staff and great food. Francesca took my order and raved about the crab soup. Her knowledge of the menu was spectacular and her soup recommendation was right on. The soup was server piping hot in an eco friendly bowl and was delicious. Packed with real crab meat, in a thick creamy base, it was truly satisfying. The only thing I would add is a slice of bread on the side. I followed that with the fish tacos. According to Francesca, they out sell everything else on the menu. I can see why. Instead of little flakes of fish, they were stuffed with filets of blackened tilapia. The spice was just right, flavorful but not overpowering. Fantastic!

I wish I lived or worked nearby so I could spend some time exploring the menu.

1  Thank CNY-Tripper