“Great Lunch Spot Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olio

Olio
Ranked #47 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Featured on the Travel Channel's "Adam Richman's Best Sandwich in America" for our Duck Grilled Cheese, we are located in "The elbow" downtown Jacksonville's entertainment district. Our locals know that our Fish Tacos, Steak & Aged Gouda Cheese, and our "Deep-Dish" Quiche may even edge our the Duck Grilled Cheese. Stop by and watch our chefs prepare you lunch in our open exhibition kitchen. Everything is prepared from scratch daily, as such some items are only available in limited quantities.
“Great Lunch Spot Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stay away from Jacksonville Landing, unless you want mediocre food at high prices. Go to Olio for lunch instead and enjoy delicious entrees from a varied menu. Had the fish tacos at lunch one day (excellent), and fried chicken salad the next day (again, excellent). Wish I would have had more days at the meetings so I could enjoy more lunches at Olio!

This place must be good; most customers looked like locals, and not visiting conventioneers.

• Visited November 2013

Santa Barbara, California
“Great little bistro.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Wonderful staff, excellent roast chicken, nice outdoor setting. This was a good solution to the 'where do I eat in a town I've never been in before? question. I'd go back in a minute. And the roast chicken really is great.

• Visited October 2013
“Gourmet Lunch - Post Run Fuel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We ran along the North Bank from the Hyatt Coastline Drive. Olio was a block away on Bay St.
Fantastic Lunch!. It is trendy looking and while it is inexpensive the food is fantastic.

Party of 3 with 2 beers, 2 ordered Spicy Salmon over Couscous. It was a generous portion and as good as any big name chef restaurant in Vegas or Dallas. I had the shrimp tacos and of course the fries. Excellent. total check was $38!.

We went on Friday just after the lunch rush and they do start to run out of some items, but they have the 'out of stock' listed on the chalk board. To me this is a sign of how fresh their supplies are.

1 Thank G6T
Tampa, Florida
“Best French Fries I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was staying in downtown Jacksonville on business and was looking for a good place for lunch and decided to give Olio's a try after seeing all the great Trip Advisor reviews. I was not disappointed. I had the steak and cheese which was fantastic and the french fries were the best I ever had! The prices were very reasonable. My only suggestion would be for them to do a slight upgrade on their tables and chairs. I will definitely come back here.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Very good food for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Olio is an interesting restaurant where you order at the counter and go back and pick it up when they call your name yet has amazing gourmet food at very reasonable prices. I am talking about delicious carpaccio, grilled duck and cheese sandwiches, fresh sumptuous yellow fin tuna on greens, and lovely blackened fish tacos with a yummy mandarin orange salsa. Mmmmmm

1 Thank Vicki-lynne G

Been to Olio? Share your experiences!