Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows
  • Pool
US$401
US$356
  • Pool
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hotels.com
US$157
US$127
HotelIndigo.com
US$115
US$95
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Reserved a room No Smoking,Queen bed, ground floor with kitchen facilities. I Arrived on time for my reservation, I am a business traveler and require setting up an office where I stay : Computer, printer, battery chargers etc. I was given a room on the 3rd floor. Upon entering the room I noticed an odd odor but quickly dismissed it. I set up my office and began to get settled in. I found the bathroom sink leaking from the hot water faucet. The pressure from the hot water faucet was just a trickle. The exhaust fan in the bathroom rumbled so loud I chose not to use it. The bed turned out to be a double and not a queen. The refrigerator did not cool adequately and the freezer portion did not freeze food. There was no available ice machine to fill my travel cooler. On the plus side, the wifi worked well and I was able to complete my reports using it. On the second day upon returning to my room I really noticed a strong smell of cigarettes. The smell was so strong that all my clothes smelled like cigarettes when I returned home, even those clean ones I did not use but kept in my suitcase. I also noticed that most of the occupants were permanent residents. All in all this was a disastrous experience and I would not stay here again. I have stayed at other Suburban Extended stay hotels which were not in this condition.

Room Tip: avoid these kind of hotels if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Joseph S
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

On behalf of all of us at Surburban Extended Stay, we apologize that your stay was not favorable as the majority of our extended stay guests.

Management & Staff

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Now this is SO VERY important, look at my ranking, how many cities i have traveled to and the time I spend in hotels. I travel for a living and stay in a lot of hotels. I have read the reviews from folks that have written 1 review and it was an Excellent review...PLEASE......I will say the two things that made me rank this a POOR rather than terrible was the lady at the front desk was very sweet, and there may be some folks that like a hotel such as this one, but my main target audience is the average everyday traveler on vacation or business that enjoys a few amenities like a clean room, a safe environment, and some of the usual perks you receive at most hotels. There were perks at this property just not ones that I indulge in. I did walk to my room open my door, gag, close the door and go check back out. If you have every been in DC or NYC or even ATL and been downwind of some one who lives on the street and doesn't have the best hygiene, well that's what the room smelled like. I was not embellishing when I stated I GAGGED The worst hotel room I have ever seen ever...and I have seen hundreds. People were talking loudly almost to the point of shouting. I say people because from the transient activity I observed I didn't know if they were guests or just selling "stuff". Read my first line again, I know there are a few favorable reviews and some mngr always writes back a reply about [What are you talking abou,t my great hotel/or we were unaware/or we are attempting to fix] I WAS THERE I SAW IT WITH MINE OWN EYES I SMELLED IT WITH MY OWN NOSE AND I ALWAYS TRY TO BE FAIR AND OBJECTIVE. Hence the poor,not terrible rank. Oh I would advise if you do decide to stay here, don't park you car here. I saw a couple examples of what you might see along side the road in NYC right here in there parking lot. This is a great place for smokers down on their luck cause their are hundreds of cig butts on the ground to choose from. One last thing, in all my travels all over the US I have stayed in Manhattan, Downtown Atlanta,Chicago, some pretty seedy place, and over all the years, this was the first place where I felt I had better go just for my own safety, actually felt a little afraid...Course the manger will tell you I imagined all of this it's all false, welllll you decide.......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank steve p
sesjax, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Steve P,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that your experience was not as favorable as the majority of our extended stay guests. Your experience in no way, reflects the entire property.

All of us here would like to wish you well in your travels.

Management & Staff

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Like "asimovtrek" we ran into some bad luck and had to find a place to live as well. The staff and neighbors are very laid back. There are some other children for my kids to play with and even became best friends with. The manager is very sweet and confident in her job. I tell everyone about this hotel and hope to get a bigger pl;ace one day, but love where I am now!

Room Tip: Corner suites are bigger and more expensive, but the regular rooms are pretty spacious and nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Jaxfamily12,

It has been our privilege and honor to help you and your family in your time of need. That is all that we try to do here at Suburban, help people. It can be difficult at times but it is people like you and your family that make it all worth while.

We appreciate your kind words and trust in us. Your stay has been our pleasure.

Shelley and Robin

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My name is Eric originally from New york I was looking for a hotel that was affordable and in a Nice location and close to the shopping area. A Co,worker told me about Suburban extended stay n Baymeadows. My stay here has been great , great staff specialty Richard at the front desk very friendly and will make u feel welcome when you arrive. If your looking for a Nice hotel in a great location and affordable prices then checkout Suburban extended stay hotel on baymeadows.

• Stayed: August 2013
sesjax, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Jacksonville / Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Eric,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We try very hard to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable, though that can be a challenge at times. Thank you for mentioning Richard, I will be sure to share your review with him and the rest of the staff.
Should you ever find yourself in Jacksonville again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will make sure that you get the VIP treatment.

Shelley & Staff

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I'm not usually a long comment person and I don't think this one will be any different. I ran into a bit of bad luck and have had to stay here for several months (and counting) so far. Today for the first time I had a problem with the AC in my room. I called the office at around 9am and by 12pm Scott had come by and replaced the unit. In my experience this level of service is unheard of at an extended stay hotel and to be honest, it is better then the service I have received at ANY apartment I have had. Not to mention I had some boxes near the AC unit and Scott neatly moved everything so he would have room to work...leaving everything organized and in place. Also, Linda at the front desk is always friendly and quite willing to help me whenever I have a request. I mention Linda and Scott not because they are better then the rest of the staff, but because I am terrible at names and can't remember the rest of the names of the people here who have all been friendly and helpful! To be honest, I have had the chance to move to an apartment lately and chose to stay here instead.

Thank you to EVERYONE here! I look forward to seeing the improvements, which BTW are being done in such a way to not inconvenience the residents.

Ed

Room Tip: just remember this is an extended stay hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank asimovtrek

Ed,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It can be a challenge to make a low budget extended stay feel like home and we try very hard to do just that. I will share your review with our staff and let them know how welcome they have all made you feel. If you should need anything at all while you are here, please do not hesitate to ask and we will do all that we can for you.
Again, Thank you very much and we are happy to have you as part of our family.

Shelley & Staff