“Okay stay”

Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park
Ranked #108 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

After "running" out of Econolodge we went next door to motel 6.

Rooms were small but clean linens, toilets, bathrooms and NO ROACHES!!! All we needed was a place to sleep, we had been traveling for 20 hours!

Nice staff! We would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Nice clean room! Price was ideal and no extra charge for my two small dogs. Internet available for a small charge. Many restaurants delivery to your room which is always a big benefit for me. I would recommend this Motel 6.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is the third Motel 6 of our trip and the only one that was unsatisfactory. It is lower quality than the others and more in need of updating. It was a small room (but big enough for two), had a strange (although relatively new) shower, uncomfortable beds, a microwave which would not operate while plugged into the multi-outlet strip with the mini fridge, and a resident cockroach (who probably had relatives nearby). There were, however, no unpleasant odors or carpet stains.
In spite of these comments I wouldn't have rated it Poor except than with Trip Advisor the rating just below average is.........Poor. And, since this was clearly below average I had no choice. If there was a choice of Fair, I would have chosen that.
Unlike some other reviewers I wouldn't suggest that you not consider this motel, just be prepared for a below average experience even for a budget motel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The rooms smell bad and the carpets are stained all over. They did install cameras all over so that is a plus. Staff is subpar. The comforters need to all be replaced. The Motel 6's in Jacksonville all seem to have issues.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Patrick7819, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Or so it seemed, as two were hanging around the front lobby waiting for "someone" to arrive. We think the place is a front for this sort of business as the rooms are unbelievable cheap. We wanted a nonsmoking room, and the sign on the front of the door said it was nonsmoking, but the ashtray on the bedstand was reinforced by the smell of the room.

Noise all night and it sounded like someone was unwrapping a syringe then shooting up as you heard the wrapper then the snap of the rubber thing they put around their arms.

They do take pets, so you might want to bring your guard dog :o)

Room Tip: Stay away if at all possible. Otherwise if you are looking for a super cheap place to sleep, tis is...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Azona50036
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Where do I begin. Well I am here for work so I figured a cheap place would suffice. $29.99 was good I thought and its motel 6 well known right. Ok I am a non-smoker, I am allergic to cigarette smoke, as soon as I walked in the room I was greeted by it. The carpet is really dirty and the bed linen has cigarette burns and white stains, I am trying my best not to think about it as I type but good lord its disgusting. I think I will be out of here tomorrow, even though I don't leave until Tuesday, I would rather pay a higher rate than stay here and suffer from morning headaches because of the smell. DO NOT STAY HERE. The customer service rep was friendly so that was good, location to NAS JAX great, eateries are plentiful that's about it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marla B
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This place is disgusting, dirty carpet, that we didnt want to walk on, broken items, cigarette burns in bed sheets, non-smoking room which stank of smoke. Most depressing night of our trip. Also felt very unsafe. Not worth the cheap rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Serena J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#102 of 134 in Jacksonville
Tricove Inn & Suites
Tricove Inn & Suites
#73 of 134 in Jacksonville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport

Been to Motel 6 Jacksonville - Orange Park? Share your experiences!