“Disappointing”

Hands On Children's Museum
Ranked #50 of 172 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a birthday party for my 8-year-old son. I reserved it for 20 children and adults not knowing that I would have to pay for 20 (@$10.50 per person) whether they arrived or not. I had 15 total but still had to pay for 20, which is over $50!!!! I had to pay $10.50 each for 5 phantom people who never stepped foot into the museum!!! The cost of the pizza, ice-cream, and drinks (diet soda for children!!!) come nowhere near $10.50 per person. Also, part of the $10.50 per person was to have a worker at the museum do all the work for us in the party room. Well, this lady said that she was coughing and too sick to be in the same room as the children so I had to run the party, serve the food, cut the cake, etc. myself! Also, there was no knife with which to cut the cake!! My husband had to use his swiss army knife to cut the cake! When it came time to pay, I asked them if I could just pay for the actual 15 people and they refused and said that I had to pay for 20 because that is what I signed up for. They really are a low-class operation and I would not recommend this venue for birthday parties, which is a shame because the museum itself is so much fun for the kids. It is like the world's greatest playroom. I still am so angry about how poorly I was treated there. I have slept on it for 2 days and still cannot believe how unprofessional it was. I still have a very bad taste in my mouth.

20  Thank Marie W

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hands On Children's Museum is a reasonably priced, family place to enjoy watching your kiddos have a blast. Some things are a little "well loved" and "well played with" but nothing that made me cringe or feel unsafe about, and my kids had a REALLY good time. Would go again. Wish it was closer, actually! :)

3  Thank Mrs B
Reviewed 19 July 2013

When we walked in the place was full and children were running everywhere! These was seriously no control going on. The place is a gigantic warehouse that has little partitions dividing it into sections. It's not like a museum where you move from room to room from start to finish. You basically just let your kids run and hope to keep up with them. Not the cleanest looking place and my son spent most of the time at the toy wooden train tables. We could have done that at home...We probably won't come back.

1  Thank 305Anna
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Lots of pretend activities. I have an 15 month who loved the mini winn dixie and the motor skill activities. He loved driving the trucks and exploring the area. For $5 it is a great deal.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Definately for younger kids to run free. It was my daughters birthday, and when we got there, there were several birthday parties going on, and all the kids meshed and ram free. Kind of like an indoor playground.

4  Thank MrsArthi08