“Great activity for kids of all ages” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Pete's

Sweet Pete's
Ranked #2 of 28 Shopping in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Sweet Pete's is Jacksonville's only all natural sweet shoppe. The shoppe founded by local renowned candy maker, Peter Behringer, is in Historic Springfield, Jacksonville's oldest neighborhood. Sweet Pete's offers over 200 kinds of handmade chocolates and candies. Call ahead to schedule interactive, seasonal candy making classes. Over 20 flavors of organic cotton candy and old fashioned sundaes! Make sure to check out our gluten free and vegan products.
Jacksonville, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great activity for kids of all ages”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We attended a gum/lollipop making class. My children are 15 and 11 and both enjoyed it immensely. We were greeted and introduced to the store and giving a piece of salted caramel that was delicious. The staff was great and the teacher did a great job of addressing the children and taking into account the various ages of the group (6-15 years). After an hour of instruction, the kids each had 6 "blow-pops" to take home. Perfect afternoon!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michelle P

Indiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Cute but bad timing?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I have mixed feeling on this place. We showed up on the Saturday before Easter and I guess an event was going on. It was chaos everywhere. We went because it wasn't far from the Riverside Market we came from and they advertised over 20 flavors of organic cotton candy made to order. Well my kids love cotton candy and it's a rare treat so I thought we would go check it out and get them some. There were no signs to say what was going on. Not sure if everything was open to the public but it seemed like a kids party was going on also and some things were for the public. There was an Easter Bunny there and they were taking pictures but I didn't let my kids get in line because I wasn't sure if it was for everyone. The place was crowded and you could barely move around inside. I finally found a worker and asked about the cotton candy. I was told it was set-up outside where there were games going on. So I grabbed a few items inside while my husband took the kids outside to get cotton candy but the machine wasn't even plugged in and no one was running it. Once I found out I mentioned it to the worker who told me it was out there and they just said "oh no one must be doing it".I did buy some meltaways which were ok but nothing great. We did really like the salted caramel. Also the white chocolate toffee cashews are pretty good. It was pretty expensive though for what we bought. I probably would have been more pleased if my kids could have their cotton candy that we drove there for. Instead we left with 3 disappointed kids and they didn't really care for the other stuff that much. The location is a very cute redone old house in an older ran down residential neighborhood. Interesting and cute place with good salted caramel but not sure if we would make the trip back.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Krazyfamily
florida
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Caramel rained from heaven!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Tried one of their caramles the other day, absolutely to die for! Light, creamy, chewy all at once, very good. Not too sweet, not too salty. You can tell they were handmade with terrific ingredients and dare I say love? :)

Visited January 2013
3 Thank amys289
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome Goodies!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stopped in to Sweet Pete's on a recent family trip to Jacksonville to satisfy our sweet tooth. This was the best place to partake in some sweet goodness in an old fashioned soda shop kind of feeling environment. I have food allergies that limit what I can eat, but I was able to enjoy all of the gummy bears that they offered. Of course my two year old daughter wanted a piece of everything in the store. Even my husband, who hears Vegan or Organic and runs for the hills, enjoyed his selection of chocolate treats. I just wish their online shipping charges were not so high so that I could order more of the gummy bears online.

Visited July 2012