“sweet pete... PERFECT NAME!!!”
Review of Sweet Pete's

Sweet Pete's
Ranked #1 of 30 Shopping in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Sweet Pete's is Jacksonville's only all natural sweet shoppe. The shoppe founded by local renowned candy maker, Peter Behringer, is in Historic Springfield, Jacksonville's oldest neighborhood. Sweet Pete's offers over 200 kinds of handmade chocolates and candies. Call ahead to schedule interactive, seasonal candy making classes. Over 20 flavors of organic cotton candy and old fashioned sundaes! Make sure to check out our gluten free and vegan products.
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had the pleasure of taking my 2 granddaughters for a chocolate pizza making class... WHAT FUN!!!! I was really impressed of pete's knowledge and passion for chocolate making... We enjoyed the lollypop class before our group... which was quite large but well organized. Our group was a group of 8 just the perfect size... He formed the melted chocolate(from Belgium) and put it a metal pizza pan and then they decorated with their choice of 12 plus toppings..gummy bears.. nuts..too just name a few and then it is placed in a custom sweet pete box.. all first class!!! I know why the profit was so impressed with them... I am too!!! They only bad thing is get your own .. if your grandchildren wont share it is sooo good ..gummy bears and all.. A great summer outing!!!

2  Thank cruisingsally

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This place is awesome! From their best-selling sea salt caramels to dark chocolate covered kettle cooked chips, Sweet Pete's has lots of treats. My personal favorite is the dark chocolate lavender, a truly unique taste.

2  Thank mizzoufanatic
Reviewed 7 March 2014

When you walk into this place it's like walking into Willy Wonka's factory! Every nook and cranny is decorated with fun candy themed decorations and of course there's candy everywhere! It's housed in what looks like an older home - which makes it quite small but very cute! About 90% of the treats in this little house are hand made and 100% YUMMY! It's a little pricey, BUT - well worth it! If you're ever in the area, do yourself a favor and get some sweet treats from Pete's!

1  Thank Missdawn123
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We attended the candy cane making class with our grandchildren. The presentation was really flat. The presenter was dull with a flat affect. He did not appear to understand how to do a demonstration for children, engage them and grab their attention. The only reason that I am rating this as average is that the children liked the candy canes. The idea is great, but improvements are definitely needed.

1  Thank nelliesmom2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My sister and I brought our 5 kids (ages 6-12) in for a class while we were on vacation nearby. What a fun experience! It is located in a renovated house in downtown Jax. You feel as if you are visiting Willy Wonka's workshop when you are there. The place is decorated in an over-the-top fun and creative manner. It just added to my kids' experience. They really enjoyed the candy making class. Pete is good at working with all ages.(I think classes rotate and I know they have offered gum lollipop, taffy, and gummy bear classes in the past.) There is an adjoining room with bulk candy you can purchase. Some in past reviews think it is pricey, but I think prices are reasonable, especially if you are there to partake in the entire experience. There were several business people who came in while I was there and they were getting varieties of candy for their staff. Seemed to be doing good business while I was there. They have a party room upstairs in case of a birthday party. This was a great experience. I highly recommend.

3  Thank CanCun2234