“Jacksonville Favorite”
Review of Pele's Wood Fire - CLOSED

Pele's Wood Fire
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New restaurant just opened in the Riverside/Avondale Historic District of Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is one of my favorite places in Jax. I absolutely love the wood fire pizzas, salad, and their beer and wine selection. Great location, service and menu.

1  Thank Japeterson00

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The food is so good! Service is very good. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable. We will be back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I visited here for the first time with my son. The service was very slow. We both ordered pizza. Mine was just ok, but my son's pizza was burned on the outside crust. I don't think I would return.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We went to Pele's for an anniversary dinner. When we mentioned that to the server, there was no response, not even "Congrats". We weren't expecting freebies, or anything, but after 31 years, it's pretty special to us. We were glad we got there just before the end of Happy Hour. Even with special prices, my wife's drink was $6, and my draft beer was $4.50 (would have been double during the dinner hour). The pizza we ordered was pretty tasty (sausage, onions, mushrooms). The crust was thin and crispy, if somewhat burnt. The menu warned us about that, saying that the 1000 degree oven cooks very fast. Overall, the food was average, and the drinks were overpriced. We won't be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Eclectic menu items. Very good service. Bloody Marys and Memosas were excellent. Neighborhood location recommended by our daughter. We will return.