“may 24,2013”

North Florida Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience world class fishing along Northeast Florida's scenic inshore waterways and endless miles of pristine saltwater marshes. Roaming these waters are three of the state's most sought after game fish, redfish, spotted seatrout, and flounder which are available year round. Your adventure begins while fishing within the beautiful extensive network of bays, spartina islands and tidal creeks that permeate the region. Welcome to North Florida Fishing Charters. I am Captain Ron Schurr your guide. I have been fishing the waters of Jacksonville, St Augustine and Amelia Island/Fernandina for over 25 years specializing in light tackle inshore and backwater fishing.Capt. Ron will arrange to meet you at a boat ramp near your location.I have two boats to choose from, 18 ft inshore/backwater and 22 foot Bay boat for inlet, river and near shore ocean trips with bimini top.
reidsville,nc
“may 24,2013”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

had a perfect day for fishing with capt.ron,was wanting to explore and fish the st. johns river and ron didn't let the wife and i down.he furnished all quality equipment,bait,tackle,would handle the bait for you and also handle the fish you catch.right away he will put you on the fish of your desire and willl tell you upfront which fish are hitting the best.caught lots of different fish and had quite a total catch at the end of the day with ron cleaning and packaging the fish for you.would highly recommend ron for a lifetime fishing experience!

Visited May 2013

Windsor, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Northern Winter Blues Buster”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This was my first trip with Capt. Ron and it was worth the trip from Ontario Canada.
I was a little skeptical of all the excellent reviews but not any more.They're all true.
Fishing with Capt. Ron is like fishing with an old friend,only better.None of my friends can put me on fish the way Ron can.Looking forward to doing it again.
Robert R.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robert R
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fly Fall Flood Tide Fishing”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Every fall North Florida is blessed with flood tides. An abundance of crabs on flooded grass flats pose as a buffet for redfish. As the tide rises far above the norm, redfish move into areas they would not normally be able to feed. Much like a midnight cruise buffet is for tourists the abundance of crabs is irresistible for reds that tail and feed happily on the flooded flats. Captain Ron is an expert in gauging the tides and finding tailing fish. He is a very enthusiastic guide who goes the extra mile to make sure his guests get to experience flood tide fishing at its best.

A hurricane was a few hundred miles off shore during our weekend fishing adventure producing nearly impossible fly fishing conditions. Captain Ron was enthusiastic about getting up and catching the early morning tide....trust me I have fished with many guides in many places and most would have canceled immediately when reading about 30 mile an hour plus wind predictions. Ron was the opposite. He asked us what we wanted to do and when we said we wanted to give it a shot he was as excited as we were about the challenge ahead.

Ron was early on our first day and the wind was gusting 30mph plus on top of an unusual cold front produced by the hurricane. He smiled and spurted out his plan for the day. We were quickly on a flooded flat and Ron got on the poling platform....I repeat.....Ron got on the poling platform in 30mph plus winds with two heavier than normal anglers on his skiff....He poled for a little while and decided it wasn't getting us where we needed to be so Ron jumped in the water....I repeat...Ron jumped in the water and began pushing the skiff toward the interior of the flooded flat. As the sun was rising Ron (who was in the water, gently pushing the skiff on a less than warm Florida day) looked at us with a smile and said, "It is funny to think people are still sleeping right now and we are out here fishing….what a waste… I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. We only go around this crazy thing once."

After a few short moments we began seeing redfish tails. Ron slowly pushed the skiff in the wind toward a nice tail. After a few poorly executed false casts in the wind and a hail marry dump over the shoulder toward the tail the fly landed and the fish ate. Ron seemed to be as excited as we were, maybe even more excited. The fish produced a knuckle busting run toward deeper water and after a powerful fight it was brought to the boat and landed with care. After a few pictures the redfish was released back into it's element to tail and feed again.

The rest of our trip I will save for myself as I like to savor moments on the water privately as much as write about them. I will share that Ron is a great guide and he knows the waterway as he does his home. I would fish with him any day. His willingness to make things happen in the face of obstacles most guides will not overcome is beyond impressive.

The only thing that I would tweak for fly anglers would be the positioning of some of the things on his boat. As all fly anglers have experienced at one point or another fly line gets tangled on everything including our own hats, sunglasses, shoes, watches, the side of the boat, the engine, the cooler etc... etc....etc. A stripping bucket would make his skiff way more fly and that would be my only recommendation.

Thank you Ron for a great experience,

Jake Sinna

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jake S
Jacksonville, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You can't beat a day of fishing!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Over the last 6 years I’ve taken 5 charters with Captain Ron and I will keep coming back for more. He has always found the fish and we catch our limit. He provides a great fishing experience for fishermen of all skill levels. My daughters got hooked on fishing when we took our first ‘family charter’. Earlier this year we took the grandparents when they visited for the holidays. Capt Ron was great teaching them how to cast close to the shore and while simultaneously keeping everyone from crossing their lines. Highly recommend this charter.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank David C
Currumbin, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Redfish can't jump but they can pull like hell”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Capt Ron Scurr is worth every dime & you won't be sorry you fish with him. His local knowledge around Amelia island & his passion for fishing was obvious from the start. Ron picked me up at my hotel & we fished from sunup to mid afternoon in early October. He put me strait onto both sea trout & Reds upto 18" long using baits & lures. It really surprised me how healthy the fish populations are around Amelia island & the forgotten everglades. The site of big redfish schools hunting in the shallow drains that run out of the spartina grass is sure to make any fishermans heart race. I caught sea trout on topwater lures & live bait & lost count of the redfish we landed & released. I found Ron to be very friendly & professional & felt safe the whole time we fished together. Both the boat & fishing tackle are modern & well maintained & he caters for both novice & experienced anglers. The area around Amelia island is very picturesque so be sure to pack your camera.... its just breath taking.
Thanks for a great day out Ron, you are a redfish catching machine!!

Visited October 2011