“Gregg Allman JJ Grey & Mofro New Year's 2014”

The Florida Theatre
Ranked #10 of 175 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Enjoyed the entire experience... great music... great seats... a few folks in the audience thought they were the attraction but otherwise .... great!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

It's a 1900-seat entertainment venue with some great acts. The history is just coming out of every inch of the place. If you like history, or you like music this is the place for you. Look at their online schedule to see if there are any upcoming shows that appeal to you. I think that they do tours on Artwalk nights - that tour is pretty great.

1  Thank michael w
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Everything was great starting out, seats, atmosphere everything. So, McDonald and the band come on stage and get in to place, he sits, greets Jacksonville acknowledges that the Florida Theater is a great historical and beautiful venue to play. All the while he is drinking from looks like a red solo cup, he then announces to audience that he has the FLU! I have seen him before, in his later years and many times on video and this performance was the worst ever of any professional singer I have heard taking the stage. I don't even like stating that fact but it was just that, a fact. I felt for the guy, he had to keep pulling away from the microphone and his voice sounded like me or you trying to hit a high note with strep throat. Sorry Michael just wasn't your night, should have not even taking to the stage and I wish I hadn't seen it, leaves a bad memory. Still a fan though, back to you tube for me and some throat lozenges for Mr.McDonald.

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I always love going to the Florida theater. It's one of the oldest running theaters, if not the oldest in the area..it's remained as it....quaint and nostalgic...I've seen many events there and have enjoyed them ALL! If you have not been, go!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Fantastic building to see a performance in. Have seen everything from Styx concert to my daughters dance recital. always a unique experience. Hope the structure is always preserved for future generations.