“post stay review”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Many times I've said as I travel that all I want is four walls and a bed to sleep in. Well, I finally got my wish. They are renovating this hotel and our room had nothing on the walls. In the morning I asked about the room and discovered that they did try to warn us before we checked in by a little sign on the check-in desk stating that some of the rooms did not have artwork. I would think the clerk who checked us in would have mentioned it. I said that this wasn't the level of service that I expect from a Wingate but the clerk just said that was all they could do. The other issue I have is with the window heating/cooling system. So the room has been renovated, so everything would have to be removed and replaced. Where do they put the 2 queen beds, on the end of the room near the window unit. The one bed is 6 inches away from the unit and the air blows directly on the bed. The other side of the room has an eight foot sitting area with a chair. I don't understand why the bed had to be crammed on top of the heating unit. The room was clean and the breakfast was typical for a Wingate. I also found out by another front desk clerk that the hotel was changing to a Holiday Inn Express. I guess they don't care about keeping a good name for Wingate.

Room Tip: Check to see if the room has artwork and mirrors on the wall.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Marie H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 26 April 2017
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#43 of 133 in Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport
SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport
SpringHill Suites Jacksonville A...
#47 of 133 in Jacksonville
Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport
#24 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport

Property: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Address: 1200 Airport Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218-6889 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport)
Region: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
#19 Romantic Hotel in Jacksonville
#30 Business Hotel in Jacksonville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Jacksonville Airport Hotel Jacksonville