“First impression is really what matters”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Franklin, North Carolina
“First impression is really what matters”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I called the hotel to make a request on my future stay. The front desk clerk answered the phone after 8 rings. I asked the unfriendly clerk if I was able to get A handicapped room because of Parkinson's. Stephanie replied with a condescending remark. You have to deal with Hotwire. Now this may not seem to be a big deal but her voice clearly seemed bothered by this request. Sorry but I was not asking for a suite. She seemed to be very annoyed. I called Hotwire and they assisted ,e in calling the hotel directly. The Hotwire rep was also treated with poor customer service from this hotel. Sorry but why would I stay at a hotel that hires unprofessional help. I tried calling the hotel to ask for a general manager and Stephanie said that he was busy dealing with the renovation. I never talked to the g.m. in fact my guess was that she may have never informed him of the matter. I chose to get another hotel with Hotwire. I personally never made it through the front doors because of the manner that I was treated. The funny thing about this, is how can you represent a hotel with poor staff. They might have been rated 3 stars in the past but they clearly do not want to gain new customers. Please be very cautious before making a reservation. Oh by the way I called Wyndham customer service about this matter. They said they would pass it on to upper management but they did not apologize until I made a point of the poor handling of this situation. What I mean by this, Customer Service really did not act with concern until I made it apparent on how ridiculous this ,matter was. I often wonder how it is to operate with non customer oriented personnel . Maybe that's why I stick with more reputable chains.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Daniel J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Dear Daniel J,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience the level of customer service may have caused you. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
san francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was under renovation. All kinds of trash in the hallway because of that . Nobody told me before . Otherwise ok hotel. Booked jacuzzi room . Tub was strange as it didn't have a faucet. Had to run shower to fill the tub . Otherwise good bed and quiet room. Breakfast was mediocre. Coffee pretty bad. If price is right then book it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear asiatraveler1964,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We truly regret to see that you did not have a fully enjoyable stay with us. We do appreciate your kind comments for the bed and that the room was not noisy. We do take all of these reviews very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
La Verne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel is being ronovated, so not only dust but debris in hallways, wet paint in room without warning sign (my black suitcase handle is now white). Gym and pool closed for renovation. Despite reservation made by phone directly to the hotel, it was somehow redirected through Hotels.com, so no points were granted for the stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Customer service is very important to me. The woman who checked us in was monosyllabic and unsmiling.
The room appeared to be very clean but there was a late-night visitor, a small roach, on the bathroom counter.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear PagosaScoutMom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service at check in prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see your high score for Cleanliness. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Tybee Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Though the halls are still clearly in process of renovation, the room is beautifully redone. Nice indoor pool, clean room, free parking and airport shuttle. The free parking alone pays for the cost of the room as opposed to paying for long term airport parking. Free breakfast also included but we had an early flight so didn't get to try it. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple