“A beautiful, peaceful place to take a long or short walk woth assorted pathways.”

Jacksonville Arboreteum & Gardens
Ranked #18 of 175 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've done a few photography shoots here and the photos always turns out awesome. It has nice flowers, greenery and paths. It's also great for walking or hiking. Love it.

1  Thank wit1016

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Once you are back in the woods, walking through the hills next to a stream, you would swear that you are not in Florida. Definitely worth checking out.

2  Thank flphil
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our way home to Minnesota from a trip to Florida. We wanted a leg stretcher before a long drive and were in for a treat. You can make this hike as short or as long as you'd like. And there's no cost! We went on a lovely Friday and it wasn't crowded. Trail maps were available. We came across a perching red shouldered hawk that didn't seem to mind us and I got a few nice pictures. I think we walked every trail. What a find!!!

2  Thank Annie620
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I cannot believe that I have not ever been here! My husband and I went to do a little hiking. We were looking for a longer hike and the route says they have around 2 miles. Well we managed to make it a little over 3 1/2. There are several different trails that intertwine. Many of the plants and flowers are labeled, which was neat. It was not very strenuous. We went mid-February and the weather was just perfect! There were a lot of people out there but we were never on top of people during the hike. We even saw a couple with a stroller!
I highly recommend this trail to any nature lover!

1  Thank jamiekaty
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We visited here on our recent trip to Jacksonville. This is an excellent place to go on a hike and learn about Northern Florida Flora. We have never hiked in this type of terrain before and were greatly impressed with the trees and plant life, many of which we have never seen before! It is great that Jacksonville has this preserve available for visiting. This was an excellent way to spend a few hours enjoying nature.

2  Thank mrwamw