“A nice place to stay”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #93 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
MARIETTA
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The neighborhood is very scary and the hotel on the outside is very run down. We were in jax for Memorial Day weakened and I guess the old adage is true if its cheap there's a reason. The rooms inside were ok but the smell of pot everywhere was shocking and the surrounding neighborhood looks its out of a bad crime movie! I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here.

Room Tip: If its cheap on somewhere like hotels.com run!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Cartersville
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The overall experience was good . I would recommend replacing linen more often. I also would recommend others to try this Inn and suites.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Andrea S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I was traveling with my family, was very tired, & it was late .... Took this room.... Smelly with some mosquitoes, AC was verrry slow to work ...took almost 3 hrs.... bath towels insufficient in numbers & dirty..... We were so tired that we didn't feel like to talk about everything to anyone....won't advice to anyone ...

• Stayed May 2013
Jacksonville
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I chose this establishment because I got a discount on an already discounted room. Once I got to the room I understood why it was discounted. It was old, musty and in need dire of renovation. It was late when I arrived, around 1030pm, so I kept the room. They offer a breakfast that isn't bad, but it didn't make up for the room. This is how bad the room was. I checked out and paid a little extra for a much nicer room for the following two days I was in Jacksonville.
If saving money means I have to suffer though the stinch of mildew and the likes, then no thanks. I will pass.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Miami
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Staying at the Travelodge was very nice. But got lost trying to find the location. Didn't realize how close it was to traffic light? Also should have more towels in room and extra roll of toilet paper.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Edith S
Newport, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel. Unfortunately, the quality has changed. I totally understand that it is a very budget conscious motel. But, it was not the same experience I had before and could very well be coincidental. The first time I stayed here, I had a room with a king-sized bed and the room was poolside. It was very quiet and clean and great for the night. However, the second time we had a room that was facing the parking lot. At 11:30pm, people were still partying in the stairwell and it was extremely noisy. Lots of road noise and the noise from the gas station. Hoping things would be slightly different, I booked it again for the night before our return trip home. Unfortunately, it was not. The towels were tiny, which really isn't a big deal and doesn't affect my sleep any. But, we were put in the same row of rooms by the parking lot. Yes, I should have asked to be placed in a poolside room, but I was hoping it didn't matter. You could see light coming in through the door frame and the door seemed insecure. At all hours of the night, I could hear people talking and hoottin' and hollerin' in the parking lot. Also, I was relaxing in the pool area and the only other people there were a couple sunning on the pool deck. Great. Unfortunately, they had some "guests" show up and decided to make the area into their own personal party. Needless to say, my relaxing afternoon was cut short due to the obnoxious partying. My guess is that the "guests" were not staying at the hotel and they were completely trashed, which was made apparent while they were stumbling around. I know this is not the motel's fault at all, but it aggravated me to no end. On the plus side, they had a shuttle to the airport (which is not free). And there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are much quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple