“Food was good, view was great”

Fionn MacCool’s Irish Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #10 of 2,069 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Face it-you've seen one Irish pub you've seen them all. We couldn't agree more, which is why Fionn MacCool's Irish Restaurant & Pub stands apart from the rest. Once you step into our pub, it's like you're back in Ireland. From the friendly conversations to the tantalizing aromas of your favorite meals, Fionn MacCool's brings a bit of Ireland to Jacksonville Beach. With our authentic Irish food, live entertainment, and friendly atmosphere, our Irish pub has the recipe you've been looking for. Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub & Restaurant -- it doesn't get much more authentic than this.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was here for a business trip. We ate several meals here. The food was good. I really enjoyed their nachos. Different twist. Drinks flowed late into the night. Fun time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Fionn MacCools is a very nice Irish Pub and Restaurant. The service is as excellent as the food and pints. My guest and I visited serveral times over the past two weekends and our servers, particularly Falon, made us seem very welcome. The food was tastey and well prepared and we never had to wait for our pints of Guinness to be filled.

The tables by the water provide a wonderful view of the people, river, and scenery of the Jacksonville area. They have music that is not necessarily Irish but seems to appeal to the regulars. The bread pudding is REALLY good and I suggest you try it with a couple of scoops of Guinness ice cream.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere and food were wonderful and our server Fallon was adorable~so friendly and helpful. I wish I lived closer so I could be a regular!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The location of this restaurant was superb. You can sit back and relax, watch the boats on the waterway and enjoy good food and a robust selection of beers (on tap and in bottles). However, the management needs some help. I had read about problems in other reviews, but I unfortunately didn't heed the advice.

Here's what happened:
We arrived around 6:40 and tried to get a table. They told us there was a 30 minute wait. We said, well we can just sit at the bar and eat there then, but the hostess said that it was a hold on any more food orders due to the kitchen being overwhelmed. We looked around and were confused because the place wasn't dead by any means, but it certainly wasn't crowded. We waited at the bar until we were finally paged for our table. We decided we liked the bar so we'd just eat there. We placed an order for an appetizer no problem. We finished our app and tried to order our dinner and the bartender told us there was a hold on food orders from the management until further notice. We explained that we were aware but had given up our table to eat there. Still, they couldn't accept our order. By this time it was around 8 pm and we were pretty hungry. We waited another 30 minutes or so and asked again. The bartender told us the management still had a hold on food orders. We again explained how long we had been there and so he went to check with management for us. Nope - still no food. Another 30 minutes pass and we pretty much begged for them to feed us. We also mentioned that we should have just eaten at the sushi place upstairs and that now were going to end up having to eat fastfood if they didn't feed us! The bartender went and talked to the manager again who this time said that our order could be put in but no others. We got our food in a timely manner after that and it was very good. However, if we weren't persistent, I'm pretty sure the kitchen would have closed and we'd have had to eat at McDonalds, even though we arrived at 6:40 pm!

While I enjoyed all three of the bartenders we met, the view, and the food, I cannot recommend this place. Having a restaurant and not being able to serve is ridiculous. I could forgive them if this were a one time problem, but it sounds like this happens often. The management needs to get their stuff together and plan their staffing better.

If you just want to drink, this place will probably be fine for you you, but I would definitely skip this place for food.

3  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Irish food, music, atmosphere and being on the river watching boats go by has it all at this restaurant! The food is so good and different and the service was excellent . We did wait awhile but our waiter found out that a table of 28 had come in before we ordered but the management offered us another beer(on the house) for our wait. Not many restaurants would do that! We will definitely return to this wonderful area when we are in the Jacksonville area. The only thing I would suggest is that they need more meat in the Shepard Pie, it's mostly mashed potatoes and my husband was a bit disappointed .