Hampton Inn Jacksonville East Regency Square
  • Free Internet
Kings Inn(Jacksonville)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgas stationroom was cleanfront desk staffthe hotel staffcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againa great staythe staff was greateasy accessvery nice hotelwafflesjurubycruisemayportwalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Staff was friendly. I love being greeted with a smile and professionalism. This hotel made me feel like I was at home! The rooms were cleaned and the breakfast was warm. I am brand loyal and this was one of the better hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff at this hotel was the highlight of this Hampton Inn. They were friendly, helpful, courteous and professional. The hotel itself is in need of some attention though. The furniture and carpeting have very visible signs of wear and are dated. There are no refridgerators or microwaves in the rooms and for the first day and a half the ice machine on my floor or the floor above did not work. The hotel is very clean however and as mentioned previously, the staff - from the registration desk, housekeeping, & breakfast attendance is what made the difference here. It was extremely convenient to Jacksonville University and area restaurants and light shopping.

Room Tip: From what I could see, no one room was better than the other. The whole place could use a makeover.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed here a few times over the years. The property is very dated. It is clean and in good condition, but rooms look and feel old. No fridge or microwave. Bed was very lumpy and AC had a hard time keeping room cool and reducing humidity. Hallways were hot and sticky, they had caution wet floor signs due to humidity and tile floors being slick.

I encountered two things that were a first for me at a HI. 1)There was a tip jar at the breakfast area. 2) Employee working front desk was sitting in a chair, somewhat hiding behind a wall. While she was very friendly, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

The good news is there were signs everywhere about renovations. I asked what was being renovated, as I didn't see any work being done. Front desk person said entire hotel, all rooms will be upgraded, lobby and breakfast area. She said it was on hold for a little as they were waiting on carpet. Rooms will have fridge and microwave, new bath, etc. (so she told me).

It's a great location. The update is needed. Hope it is sooner than later.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jared S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville East Regency Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I am very sorry about the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville East Regency Square. The Hotel is in the early stages of an extensive renovation. The renovation is intended to address many of the deficiencies you may have noticed during your recent stay. We certainly value your patronage and we would be honored if you would be willing to give us another opportunity to meet your lodging needs in the future after the renovation has been completed. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent service at this Hampton. Front desk very friendly and we were greeted every morning with a smile from the very pleasant hostess. Our room and the lobby were very clean and comfortable, however the furnishings were quite dated. I was disappointed there was no fridge in our room. Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Do I hope they get new furniture and fridges in the rooms? You bet. You can't beat the location.

Room Tip: first floor was quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very friendly staff and excellent customer service close. Keep up the good work!! The front desk staff made you feel welcomed checking in the hotel. We asked for a late check out it was granted without any problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family