“Terrific experience again”

Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Ranked #10 of 175 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have read some negative reviews about the staff at this wonderful campgound. I have had many different experiences.
On our last visit we had a newly purchased fifth-wheel. The office staff allowed us to "scout" the campgound to find a site that I felt comfortable in maneuvering our new rig. It took us longer than we expected, past the time the office closed. The staff member waited until we returned and was quite pleasant despite our causing her delay in leaving for the day.
We had reservations for December as our new grandchild was due to arrive at our daughter's Jacksonville home. The plans changed and November became the new due date. The staff again was quite accomodating and changed the dates without penalty.
We shall continue to visit this park as it has great campsites (yes, some tight squeezes, but go slowly and there should be no problem), bike riding on the beach, wonderful water park for grandchildren, fishing on the lake and a dedicated staff.

1  Thank tom12newengland

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I've been at Hanna Park 5 times and visited other parks around FL, GA, and SC. I agree with most people. Hanna Park is one of the best State parks we have in FL. I go to the beach, bike trailing, and has used the picnic areas. All great. Only downside are the bathrooms. That, I agree with some people who provided feedback. Can use some minor improvements, even though I've seen worse at other State parks. Overall, great park to be at. Spent 4th of July at Jekyll Is GA. Uncomfortable to park a 30' camper trailer on a drive thru site. Not to mention the site I was given at Jekyll, I could not open the awning fully. Maneuvered great at Hanna on a non-drive thru site. Will return.

gc

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We spent two nights here over Labor Day weekend. The check-in was simple and quick. The employees are friendly and helpful.

We rented two of the cozy cabins for us, my mother-in law and our 6 year old son, who was celebrating his birthday. Cabins were clean and comfortable. We brought our air beds and slept well. The park is beautiful, shady and quiet. Definitely a park for families; the place was full and there were families with children everywhere.

We went to the beach every day. The beach is gorgeous; because it is a city park, there are no condos, bars, etc. to ruin the views. There are picnic areas and a restrooms as well as outdoor showers. We got up early one morning to watch the sun rise; so lovely!

Plenty of stuff to do here without ever leaving; biking, hiking, a lake with paddle boats that can be rented, a water park for little kids and playgrounds inside the campground.

Park is well monitored by sheriff's deputies; no loud parties, no alcohol allowed. Again, so nice to have a quiet, relaxing, safe camping experience.

Only downside are the restrooms. The showers are hot and water pressure is great, but they are sorely in need of updating. Very basic and worn out for the times. It is a small quibble, though. We will be back!!!

1  Thank JDinTLH
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This was our second trip to Hannah Park. Both times we had a great time.
The park is natural and shaded. Just a bicycle ride to the
Beach. The staff were very helpful and polite. The host campers
Were very nice and knowledgeable and were a pleasure to deal
With.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Park has a lot to to be desire. my first trip. staff was very helpful at check-in. roads need to be wider, and exits -sign installed. comming out of campsights turns are very sharp to main exit .who ever design these exits, has never pulled a 35 foot camper. exits of each need to widen and trees removed. don't have much room to play with. grand kids had a ball though. yes & no

2  Thank dtcrooms