“Still Love Hanna”

Nahunta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Still Love Hanna”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I have been camping at Hanna since 1987 and have seen it go downhill and come back up but, I still love the campground. I have seen many reviews complaining about the customer service but, I have never had a bad experience with the employees or the camp hosts. They have always been courteous and helpful. The beach is beautiful and except for holiday weekends is normally not very crowded. I always call for reservations and have about 3 favorite sites and request one of those. That way, I know what I am getting. I did the online reservations once and the camper barely fit the site. The camp hosts will usually enforce the rules and remind you when you are breaking them. I once tied a line between two trees to dry some towels and found a note on my door reminding me about that rule! The park is dog friendly and child friendly. Lots of shopping close by as well and many places to eat.

Visited May 2014

Gulfport, Mississippi
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice preserve”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I really like this park because of all the nature trails and the beach front. They have multiple pavillions for groups, plenty of parking. I found it a good place to just reflect and commune with nature as kitchy as that sounds.

Erie, Pennsylvania
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, “Hanna Park” is owned by the City of Jacksonville, Florida. Situated on an expansive and unspoiled beach along the Atlantic Ocean, it offers activities related to the ocean and much, much more.

The paved roads are well suited for walking and bicycling, and there are also biking and hiking trails. There are picnic tables and shelters, charcoal grills, playgrounds, restrooms, a fresh water lake and a campground.

The lake is a pleasant place for using non-motorized vehicles (rentals available), bird watching, fishing or just relaxing and enjoying the beauty. Swimming is prohibited. Signs ask visitors not to feed the alligators, cats, raccoons or possums.

The campground accommodates RVs and tents. It has narrow, paved roads throughout. Tall trees laden with Spanish moss provide shade and dense vegetation allows for some privacy. Sites are packed, sandy dirt covered with leaves. Each site has a fire ring and a picnic table. Water, electricity and sewer connections are available. Restrooms are old but clean and nicely maintained. According to one off the camp hosts, the store and laundry have not been in operation for three years.

This is a charming park and we’re planning to return next year for a longer stay.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank debbyanne
Brevard, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful park, but staff at desk are very rude”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Lovely park with old maritime forest, but front desk people are just rude, rude rude! We came back because it was great last year, but this year, the front desk acted like lifers at a prison and were unhelpful. Tried to bicycle to store for some milk and was told i could not get back in to the park without carrying the paper pass taped to the windshield of our motorhome! No where in the rules was this indicated. I understood the need to track vehicles and get all revenue, but i was a paying camper, and the desk person refused to print out a copy of my pass or,accept my ID verifying i was a camper with a site that was paid for. I did not have any cash, and on easter weekend in a marginal neighborhood doubted i might find an atm. But another dollar was required for me to reenter the park to get back to my family so i could not go to the store. We were planning on overwintering here next year, but will now not come back. How much park revenue will be lost before someone realizes that customer service is required at public facilities. Thats 2 grand that the city of JAX will not get from us next year! Soured the beauty of the experience and is one i would not care to duplicate.

4 Thank J L
Jacksonville, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One of Jacksonville's best parks!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We go out here with the family and for scouts now and then. The staff is really nice and the facilities are clean and well taken care of. It costs us $3.00 for the car to get the six of us in and we can easily make a day of the trip. You can ride you bike on the trails, spend time on the beach, fish in the lake, picnic, play on the playground on even rent a paddle boat or kayak. We have always enjoyed our day trips to this park.