“Nice Hiking Trails and Beach but loud music deterred”

Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
Ranked #12 of 180 things to do in Jacksonville
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We hiked the 3.5 mile trail - it wasnt well marked but you can clearly follow the trail without difficulty. The people at the park desk were helpful and friendly. The beach was wonderful.
pros; nice trails , wonderful beach, helpful people who worked at the park office
cons; we walked past a campsite in which the people had extremely loud and obnoxious "music" playing. It ruined that part of the hike and I wished that the camping staff would have put a stop to this. This awful music , which was very very loud and bassy, must have bothered nearly campers as well and it should not have been allowed. Another con is that the trails are mostly unmarked-some painted tree markings would have made a big difference.

1  Thank N S
"walking trails"
in 12 reviews
"the atlantic ocean"

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Spent part of Spring Break 2014 at the Campground. Everything is in proper order at the campsites. The electrical hookups have been updated, and everything works as expected. The area is VERY woodsy, but we love it! Bring your Bikes! Go from woods to bikes to beach in matter of minutes. Lots to do: camp, beach, fish, bike, cookout, jog, bike trails in woods, bike on paved road, water park, fishing lake, and much more. Near the Mayport NAS. Near shopping/dining. Make sure to bring your sunscreen. Day trips are great too. Spend the day or spend the week. We found the bathrooms/showers very adequate and clean. Could use updating, but not worth complaining about.

2  Thank marv024
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We've camped here over the years and loved it! This park, which is a city park (Jacksonville) is a great way to camp as close to the beach as possible. This time we stayed in one of their "Cozy Cabins". It's "cozy" because it is a small, air conditioned room, with a small screened in porch. You provide everything else! We slept on cots and air mattresses we brought with us. There is a short walk to the bathroom and anything else in the park. I normally don't mind using a bath house, but I will say that this time their bathrooms are a tad run down and dirty. The staff were all kind and helpful. There are many great amenities here for the whole family! They have a lake, a splash park, the beach, pavilions, and playgrounds. Bring your bikes and ride the whole park! I recommend going during the week, if at all possible. The park fills to overflowing on weekends and holidays.

1  Thank moochelle1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I have been camping at Hanna since 1987 and have seen it go downhill and come back up but, I still love the campground. I have seen many reviews complaining about the customer service but, I have never had a bad experience with the employees or the camp hosts. They have always been courteous and helpful. The beach is beautiful and except for holiday weekends is normally not very crowded. I always call for reservations and have about 3 favorite sites and request one of those. That way, I know what I am getting. I did the online reservations once and the camper barely fit the site. The camp hosts will usually enforce the rules and remind you when you are breaking them. I once tied a line between two trees to dry some towels and found a note on my door reminding me about that rule! The park is dog friendly and child friendly. Lots of shopping close by as well and many places to eat.