“Great experience”

Ritz Theatre & LaVilla Museum
Ranked #49 of 175 things to do in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Owner description: Ritz Theatre is a 400-seat theatre featuring a state-of-the-art sound system, theatrical lighting and 30' x 40' performance stage. The LaVilla museum is a living legacy that connects us to our past through images, objects and information that has been carefully handed down through many generations.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I enjoyed this museum, but I did not have enough time to explore as I would like due to closing. The Johnson brothers presentation was great and the artifacts and painting were great. I recommend to all school age kids and anyone who want to get a broad view of Black American history.

1  Thank Jennemac

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We are relatively new to Jacksonville and trying to get a feel for the City and its communities. This was probably one of the most personable and well informed tour guides, we have ever experienced. Wonderful exhibits of old Jacksonville's black community and its leaders. An interesting robotic presentation of James Weldon Johnson's life. Although we were part of a larger educational group, the tour was pitched to folks who had lived in Jacksonville, but I'm sure that if your party is from out of the area that adjustments could be made by the tour guide.

2  Thank discerninggourmand