“One of the best coffee houses anywhere”

Bold Bean Coffee Roasters
Reviewed 19 November 2013

They roast their own coffee and they'll prepare it any way you ask them to: french press, moka pot, pour over, etc. You wait while they prepare, but it's well worth the wait. The quality of the coffee and the care taken in preparing it make it one of the best places I've ever been for drinking coffee. Period.

2  Thank Jim P

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We've visited a few times and I'm always impressed with the people and atmosphere, patrons and staff. This place has it's own atmosphere and the coffee is off the charts. Who doesn't like a coffee shop that serves local brewed beer and has DJ's spinning music.

1  Thank Pier5660
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Bold Bean is a great local business that offers gourmet coffee that is roasted in house. They also serve wines and local craft beer. The main attraction is the coffee though. I would put a cup of their coffee up against any other. It's that good.

1  Thank firebull
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I am a coffee junkee, and I've had some of the best coffee all over the world, and I can honestly say that this is both the best tasting coffee and one of the coolest shops I've ever been too. Tremendous value. Awesome, friendly, knowledgeable staff. Not snooty and pretentious like a lot of good coffee shops. Nice hipster-y vibe, even some good pastries and beer on tap. I spent 2 long years in Jax, and don't have many nice things to say about the city itself, but Bold Bean is off-the-charts incredible. I still mail order coffee from them on a semi-regular basis.

2  Thank RunTheWorld140-6
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

A little hidden, if you're not a local, but the search was worth it. They take pride in their coffee and it shows. I had a cappuccino and it was so good I had to have a second cup. There's not a big selection of foods so don't expect much in that department. I'm a coffee snob or so my friends tell me, and I can say, this is one of the best cups of coffee I've had in a very long time. They also sell coffee beans and other coffee making gadgets. The price is reasonable, and if you're looking for an excellent cappuccino or espresso in Jacksonville, this is the place.

2  Thank SoreEyez