“I hope it was just an off night”
Review of Black Sheep

Black Sheep
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Sheep is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oak St.
Description: Black Sheep is an independent restaurant located in Jacksonville"s historic 5-Points in Riverside. Our focus is on fresh, local ingredients, hand-crafted food, and gracious service. We offer a full bar, signature cocktails, craft beers and an excellent wine list. We offer fast-casual lunch Monday through Friday, dinner Monday through Saturday, and brunch Saturday and Sunday.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We just had dinner there - it was our 6th or 7th visit in the last year. And I have ordered almost the same thing every time: the beet salad and the NY Strip au poivre. Every time it is different, and I don't mean that as a compliment. C'mon kitchen: every cook needs to know how to cook a steak to order and how to make light, crispy French fries. These are just simple basics. Last night was really an off-night: the salad greens were overdressed and too salty. The steak was overcooked, the French fries were sad and soggy. Service was disjointed, with long waits for cocktails and wine, and food courses coming out really close together. I really want this restaurant to succeed. When Black Sheep appeared on the Jacksonville restaurant scene I was so excited. But there are serious consistency issues here.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Terrible experience tonight. Made reservations earlier today for a special family birthday dinner for our daughter. Arrived at the restaurant at our reservation time and told that our table was "given away" and that we would have to wait for 45 minutes. Really???

2  Thank Laura K
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Now, I wasn't a fan of the fried green tomato blt, but their shrimp and grits left me speechless. I usually don't like this dish with a tomato base, but boy have they perfected it! I tasted 2 of the desserts and was not a fan if either...I'll stick to what I know at this place.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

A customer dinner for 12 started on the roof top bar with great views of the river and surrounding areas. Great happy hour and good value for the drinks offered. We then proceeded downstairs to the main dining area which had a great bar and good seating arrangements. The dinner was awesome with a farm to market flair. I had the Berkshire pork chop and was amazed at the taste, the portions and the accompaniments. Good wine selection and a fantastic appetizer menu. Any place that serves pork rinds in a bag will always get my vote! Well done Black Sheep...Well done!!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went here back in January before seeing a concert. I had the shrimp and grits. Oh my word - delicious doesn't cover it! It was a rainy night so we were not able to enjoy the rooftop. They also do a Sunday special for two. It is typically fried chicken, and various side options. I can't wait to try it!