“Great neighborhood diner”
Review of Two Doors Down - CLOSED

Two Doors Down
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I heard about this place from a friend so I went with her to check it out. It's in a very accessible location, but oddly I'd never noticed it before. The menu is what you would expect from a diner. I opted for the hamburger platter, and my friend had the Wednesday special of ham and cabbage with two sides. The burger was good, and was comparable to a Five Guys burger.

As for service, we were seated right away. Our server greeted us shortly after and took our drink order. The food came out quick as well, all in all I can say it was a good experience. I've been told the Thursday special, chicken and dumplings, is worth the trip so I'll have to get back and try it.

Also, it gets crowded quickly at lunch, so get there early.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

My husband and I have passed this place many times. Some of our friends have told us to eat there because the food is good. But they also said that during peak times, it can be very loud. We wanted to go, but we have to avoid loud restaurants - so we were on that side of town after the peak breakfast time and we decided to stopy by. Now granted, you really cannot mess up breakfast (well The Fox did but that is another review) but we walked in and were greeted right away. There was hardly anyone there but it was 9:00 AM, so I wasn't surprised it wasn't crowded. We both ordered eggs scrambled, grits - I got bacon and toast - He got link sausage and a biscuit. It came VERY fast, was hot and was good. The waitress was very nice and friendly and we were in and out of there in less than 20 minutes. The price was very reasonable. I hope to get to go back for lunch - they have lots of country style veggies and the menu looks really delicious. Granted, I wouldn't want to eat this style of food everyday, but every once in a while would be fine. They are open from 6 - 2:30 so for lunch we would probably go around 1:45 or so to miss the lunch crowd.

1  Thank Jeanne C