“Worth the calories”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch while in San Marco. My husband chose the Ralphie's Deluxe Double Down, eggs on a biscuit covered in sausage gravy. I opted for the Farmer, fried chicken topped with thick bacon and apple butter. (The Farmer comes with cheddar cheese as well, but I omitted that. Had to save calories somewhere.) We ordered the fried green tomatoes as well. Everything was delicious and well worth the calories.

The chicken is hormone-free; many sauces and toppings are made in-house. There are lots of choices of biscuits and sides.

The staff was friendly and helpful. It's a small restaurant but offers small and large tables inside as well as sidewalk dining. T-shirts, mugs, and maple syrup are for sale near the register.

2  Thank Kitty K

Reviewed 28 April 2014

If you like biscuits and gravy, this is the place for you. Had the fried chicken, egg, and gravy biscuit. Gravy has a little bite to it, just right.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found ourselves visiting once again. This is our favorite breakfast spot in Jacksonville. The quality of the biscuits and gravy is second to none. It's the best I've ever had and I've had a lot in my lifetime growing up in the south. If you are in Jacksonville this is a local place you have to try!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We ate here on Good Friday so we ordered a fish biscuit - this was very very good - hot flaky biscuit and tender perfectly fried tilapia with a little hot sauce drizzled over it with a little bit of cole slaw. Delicious but we were told "it comes with cole slaw" and honestly I wouldn't call it a 'side' it was more of a condiment. Delicious, but $7 and still hungry. Went back and ordered Mac and cheese with crumb topping....which was crumbled cheez it crackers... Don't bother with that. My friend went back to order fried green tomatoes which she liked. As far as atmosphere, the table was sticky, and there was loud annoying fiddle music.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you ever want biscuits done the right way this is the place for you. I went there for breakfast and the biscuits were freshly made and very good. They were flakey and light rather than dense so they are delicious for breakfast. They add in many items to make it a complete meal with chicken, bacon , egg, cheese being several of the favorites. I ordered a biscuit off the menu which had chicken, cheese and was covered in maple syrup. It was fantastic and I topped it off with some homemade home fires which contained an egg and pulled pork. I was very please with everything. I also added in some freshly brewed coffee (maple flavored) and it made the meal. I would suggest you share the home fries as they make a large order. Highly recommend.