“Very cute and cozy little place”
Review of Tapa That - CLOSED

Tapa That
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated tapas lounge with a selection of local eats and specialty items made with love. No heating lamps, no hidden kitchen staff, no microwaves... just the smiling faces you see up front, and Chef; cooking away in "her cave" as she calls it.
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

This was a cute and cozy little neighborhood restaurant with friendly owner and staff. I enjoyed the atmosphere, it has a sitting area with a couch and chairs, a bar and regular table seating. The daily menu is written on a chalk board and erased as they run out of each dish. The drinks and food was delicious and reasonably price. This is a good spot to check out.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

If you like tapas, Tapa That is for you. What they serve is excellent (especially the Sunday brunch), but they don't change the menu very often. But a local favorite.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Eating for me....it's an experience ....I'm a foodie ... I travel ( fly and drive )to try new places ....to discover great finds . I was impressed with the freshness and quality of the ingredients and the menu was very refreshing ...all of our tapas flowed very well and complimented each other . We had 95% of what was on the menu ....there were only 2 tapas that we didn't try only because my friend was full . My fav was the roasted vegetable goat cheese salad and the fruit cobbler . The service was also amazing ...the chef even came out to greet us and gave us a dessert that was not on the menu . I think I found my new fav tapas spot in north Florida ..... You will not be disappointed at all . This is just what jacksonville needs and I look forward to returning with more people .

Reviewed 31 January 2013

My boyfriend & I dined at Tapa That this past Wednesday evening, &, perhaps it was an off night, but the food, overall, was terrible. We started our meal with a warm grilled vegetable salad, which was basically mixed greens with grilled vegetables piled on top, and a balsamic vinegar reduction (using the term reduction VERY lightly here) - very ordinary, to be as kind as possible. I then had Cubanita cakes, which where dry, bland and felt pre-made. I finished all this off with a cheese plate (thinking that a cheese plate would be a shoe-in), however, the 3 cheeses on the plate were extremely similar, and the overtly salty crostinis, again, felt like they came right out of a box. My boyfriend doesn't even want to bother with what he ate, but know that he pretty much left it all there for it to be thrown away... We left extremely disappointed, & we would NEVER go back, nor would we ever recommend this restaurant. An absolute disaster throughout.

1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Tapa That strikes all of the right cords--excellent fresh food perfectly cooked and beautifully presented, a friendly and knowledgeable staff and a comfortable, classy setting. It's a great addition to Riverside's expanding dining scene.