“Mmmmm.... Beer and Gumbo!”
Review of The Blind Rabbit

The Blind Rabbit
Ranked #147 of 2,001 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Mmmmm.... Beer and Gumbo!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went there for lunch with a party of FIFTY! They were nice enough to give us separate checks. Despite the size of our party the service was great.

They had a large selection of craft beers and a full bar. The number of choices on the lunch menu were limited but that made it easier to decide what to get. The food quality and presentation was excellent and the prices were reasonable. I had the Fried Green Tomatoes with Peach Habanero Hot Sauce, Goat Cheese, and Heirloom Tomato Salsa. So yummy! I also had the gumbo. They were both delicious. I would definitely go back to try some of the other menu items.

• Visited May 2014

“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere here. The food was delicious! I recommend the Gorgonzola chips. We had appetizers and drinks and we left full and happy. Waitress was nice and attentive. Only problem I see was the bathroom is a one person bathroom so there could end up be some lines. Atmosphere was amazing. It looks beautiful and just has an inviting feel to it.

1 Thank Flmum
Jacksonville, Florida
“Valentine's Day”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife, and I had a very nice / romantic dinner on Valentine's Day. The drinks were great, our mushroom gnocchi app was really good. The main courses were hit and miss. I had a so so steak that was cooked properly, but seemed to have more fat than meat. On the other hand my wife's crusted fish was very tasty. We finished with a Key Lime Pie served in a mason jar, nice presentation, pretty good flavor. We will be back again.

• Visited February 2014
“now the Blind Fig - fave restaurant in Jax”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Blind Fig (formally Salty Fig) is my husband and I's favorite restaurant in Jax. Their brunch is fantastic! The OJ is fresh squeezed, french toast is to die for!

• Visited February 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“The Fig Fell Flat”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The decor and lighting help create an intriguing atmosphere at this restaurant, but the food falls short of the venue.
The menu hints at a 'southern cuisine', and I suppose it leans that way, but the venue screams eclectic. The two seem at odds and I think the owners may want to rethink this approach (along with the weird name).
I had a jalapeño cornbread dish with shredded pork BBQ and topped with a poached egg. It was tasty ($14). My wife had a petite steak garnished with kale and cheese bites. It was tough and had very little taste ($20).
The service was very good and the staff very pleasant. If they would rethink the menu this place could be a unique find in downtown Jacksonville.