“Try it and you may like it”

Old Florida Fish Camp and Seaforr Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Okay, so this isn't a fancy place, the music was a little loud, they need either higher tables (to see the water) or more windows or glass doors to see the marina but the food and service were pretty good. This restaurant is DIFFICULT to find so it's good that they have restaurant.com certificates to help people find it.
Again, we were the only people for lunch on a gloomy weekday around 1:15 pm but the young waiter was eager to assist and we sat at the hightop table by the window overlooking the bridge and marina. We had the fish dip (wonderful) as an appetizer and both ordered the fish sandwich ( catfish). One was fried and the other blackened and we both enjoyed our lunch.If we ever manage to be in Jacksonville on a nice sunny day, we'll go again and this time hope there are more people and that we're able to sit outside on the deck.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

If you can snag a seat on the deck, you'll love this restaurant. I was a little concerned because there were zero people sitting inside when we arrived and when we left. However, once we started getting our food, all doubts were gone! Everything we ordered was fabulous. The shrimp and grits were awesome.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Always enjoy coming to this place because of the patio dining overlooking the ICW and Beach Blvd. At times the service can be spotty and only one time was our meal not the best. Tonight everything was excellent. The service was quick and attentive and the seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection. We both had the blackened grouper and it was moist and not overcooked. Great view for a sunset meal.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We thought we would try the restaurant since it had changed from Crazy Fish. Apparently the service has gotten worse. We went on a Sunday and there were 11 tables of customers outside....no one inside. They had 3 waiters and kept telling everyone they were under staffed. I worked my way through high school as a waitress and unless they were cooking the food, 3 people for 11 tables would be a cake shift for me. We had to get refills ourself at the bar and it took 20 minutes before we were even waited on. Did I mention there were only 11 tables and 3 servers! The food was excellent but the service ensured we would never go back.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I take all of my northern friends here to remind them why I live in Florida and they should too. The view is great, the music doesn't interfere with conversation, and most importantly, the food is great. Service is a tad slow but they tend to function on island time here.

I recommend the grilled fish of the day which is good with the beans and rice. My husband likes the Old Florida sandwich.