“Delicious Food, Relaxing Environment”
Review of Wine Cellar

Wine Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
Wine Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 2,012 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Flagler Avenue
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Delicious Food, Relaxing Environment”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was a great way to end a long and tiring work week and start a pleasant weekend. And the positive experience began earlier when I checked in to the Hampton Inn across the street and asked about the Wine Cellar. It sounded good, and even better with a coupon for 15% off the entire check (except for service charge).

The décor is cozy, and kind of a throwback to similar restaurants back in the 70s and 80s--which is not a bad thing at all.

I was seated at a table in the second dining room, and my server (Kay) arrived before I had a chance to even look at the wine list. By the time she returned with water, I had decided on a glass of sparkling wine (Chandon) and a few minutes later I ordered the green salad and the glazed scallops.

While the salad itself was good, the strawberry mint vinaigrette was outstanding. Maybe next time I'll them to hold the salad and just bring me a serving of vinaigrette. And maybe by then they'll have licensed the recipe to an artisanal food processor and sell me a few bottles to take home.

If I get a chance I customarily order scallops for dinner on March 14. This is because my late mother used to tell a story about the evening of March 14 many years ago and why she never ate scallops again after that meal. It had something to do with the fact that I was born very early the next morning. But I digress. She might have recanted if she had eaten these large tender (very important for scallops) morsels, served on smashed peas and with potatoes and bacon.

Next time I'm in Jacksonville I will definitely eat here again--for the food, the atmosphere and the caring service.

• Visited March 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Wine Cellar in Jacksonvile”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Valentine's dinner special was great. Food was really good and a 5 stars service. One of the best restaurants in Jacksonville.

Orlando, Florida
“Great dinner out with friends”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

With the fantastic and personable service and the delicious food, we had a great time after a long convention day. The atmosphere was perfect for a cozy time out with friends. Would come back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will never go back”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went for a romantic valentines dinner, service and atmosphere was very nice, the food quality was terrible for 200 dollars you would expect a great meal the restaurant is over rated the worst food I have ever had at a fine dining restaurant.

1 Thank Joetracie
Amelia Island, Florida
“one of the finest in Jacksonville”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

just had dinner with five others at the Wine Cellar and it had to be one of the best dinners in Jacksonvile! I had the salmon dinner along with some lobster bisque (mmmm good). I wish I had the special of the evening thought which was the Osso Bucco. It was a large portion of meat served with wild rice, Will definitely try it next time. Wayne is the best around, always try to get him as a server!

I will be back!