“They treat you like a rock-star”
Review of Matthew's

Matthew's
Reserve with OpenTable
Matthew's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,272 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$10 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Alford Place
Description: For over a decade, Matthew's Restaurant in San Marco has been one of Northeast Florida's most distinctive, innovative and elegant restaurants. Chef Matthew Medure has set the standard in fine dining with his unique menu options, impeccable service and attention to detail. The staff is at your service and prepared for your every need. The menu is carefully thought out each day to surprise and entertain your palate and to satisfy every distinctive taste.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Matthew's Restaurant - They treat you like a rock-star. From when we drove up to the valet parking and the attendant knew my name (from our reservation) to the wait staff and delicious food. Ryan, our waiter, was very attentive and personable. He made sure we a had a memorable dinner for my wife's birthday, he even presented us with a complimentary glass of champagne and dessert (from him) for the occasion (not sure every one gets the comp, but we had fun with him). The chef's know their food. I had the lamb and my wife had the tenderloin, which were both outstanding, but the winner was the tuna tartar appetizer, the best I've ever had. Not to mention I asked my wife if it would be rude to lick my plate after finishing my escargot (I'm kidding, but it was that good). It's not an every day restaurant for us, the prices are on the high end...but you certainly "get what you pay for" here. Definitely a special occasion place. Go there if you want to treat yourself to one of the best dining/meal experiences in Jax, we know, we've lived here 18+ years and have eaten at literally hundreds of local restaurants. Sincerely, Thanks.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

One of my favorite restaurants in the world. On a class with superior locales in New York and Paris. So highly recommend Matthew's. Caviar was spectacular; the lobster bisque, I nearly fell off my chair; and the tenderloin transcended reality and broached the spiritual. When will this restaurant be recognized by the Michelin system. When?! In Jacksonville, we now have a restaurant that rivals the renown restaurants of the world.

Sterling T, Guest Relations Manager at Matthew's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create a one of a kind experience and I am so happy to hear it reflected during your last visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

My husband took me here for a romantic dinner without kids, and it was amazing! Our waiter was very helpful and attentive - he knew so much about the various wines and what would pair best with our meal. I had the Prime Beef Tenderloin with Pommes Frites and it was melt-in-my-mouth delicious...I couldn't even tell you what my husband had because I was too busy enjoying my meal (although I want to say it was the Radiatori Pasta)! The wine complemented the food perfectly. The dessert was a delectable work of art. We can't wait to return!

Thank you for your lovely note. I’m so glad everything from the service to each dish surpassed your expectations and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We tried the tasting menu with a wine pairing. Food as well as paired wines were outstanding. In particular, the scallop was perfect and one of the best I’ve ever had.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I took my wife to this restaurant for her birthday and before seeing the play at the Theatre Jacksonville. We were very impressed with the quality of the service and the quality of the food! Outstanding is the best word to describe the restaurant! Highly recommend - will definitely return!