“Come with an empty stomach” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #167 of 1,982 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jacksonville, Florida
“Come with an empty stomach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've been to indian restaurants before so I knew what to expect for the most part. We came on a Sunday for the lunch buffet. A few of my kids were actually reluctant to come because I don't think they had good memories for some reason. Well, the wide variety of buffet foods allowed them to pick whatever they wanted. I came with an empty stomach and my favorite items were the curry sauces with the meat. It was so darn delicious with the naan and well-seasoned rice. The meats available were good. The fried fish in the buffet was wonderful. I just loved the different ways that rice was cooked and the variety of the sauces. The only down side to Indian food is that everything is so darn starchy. If you just eat the sauce, you get full because every bite is filling. As a result, I am not able to eat as much as in a Chinese restaurant, for example. Therefore, you really need to come with an empty stomach. Take a bite or two of everything. Then go back and eat more of the things you really like. If you get too much on the first place or get too much rice, your stomach is going to be doomed--especially when the food is so good, you may want to eat more but you can't. Also, don't forget to save room for the mango pudding--that was delicious. Once suggestion for the restaurant staff is to put more smiles on your faces. It seemed like someone just died because people seemed so sad. My kids were happy though--I think everyone enjoyed the food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great flavor and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Great food and excellent service. Semi private seating areas provide an intimate experience for a nice dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

First time I've ever had Indian food was here. I like the lunch buffet because I was able to sample different things before I found my favorite. I thought everything was good but I can't get enough of the chicken masala which I put on top of white rice. It is delicious. The bread (not sure what its called) is awesome too. So much flavor in the sauce, I love it. Talking about it right now is making me want some. I've never eaten Indian food anywhere else so I can't compare this restaurant to other Indian restaurants. All I know is I would go back.

Visited June 2013
Fleming Island, Ajman, United States
“Absolutly addicting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I love this place I go thier three times a week or sometimes four lol. in past I have try many indian resturants but this one is simply the best Food here is really delicious espically thier butter chicken and goat curry everthing else is good as well at reasonable priced. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to taste real indian cusine!!

• Visited March 2013
Florida
“Addicting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is by far my favorite Indian food in Jacksonville. I used to get it delivered by doorstep delivery but it seems theyve changed their delivery area again so it is no longer an option. Total shame because sometimes i will order it a couple times a week, it is that good! Their butter chicken is wonderful. The naan is fantastic. The portions are generous. Highly recommend.

• Visited February 2013