“Have a Japanese birthday”
Review of Shogun Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shogun Steak & Seafood
Lakeland, Florida
“Have a Japanese birthday”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is a birthday tradition for our family. The sushi is fresh and the table side dinner is enough to fill you up and take home for breakfast (JJ).

Visited December 2012

Melbourne Beach, Florida
“The kids loved the traditional Japanese Steakhouse show!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Had a great dinner and a great time for a party of 8. Delicious steak and shrimp combinations with children's meals very substantial and a good value. Our chef performed well table side. Well worth the trip! Kids loved the onion "volcano". :) Will certainly go again if we are in the area!

Visited August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“NICE”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Our food and service was very good. We got sushi and enjoyed our dinner.

• Visited January 2012
Colorado
“Our chef was what made the whole dining experience great!”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I've been to a few restaurants like this, and while it wasn't absolutely amazing food, it was still quite enjoyable. Maybe things have changed over the past year and that is why there are poor reviews (more current)...

Our cook was hilarious. He had some of the best jokes I'd heard and was quite entertaining when he made an onion volcano (thank you, copious amounts of vodka on fire). Flipping shrimp into our (almost) mouths and tossing eggs in his hat before cracking them for our rice was so entertaining... I got a kick out of it.

I think this is a good place to go with friends to have a few drinks and a fun dining experience.

Regarding the tip issue noted on some of the reviews...we didn't experience that last time I was there...I wonder if that's new too? If so...ugh. Way to ruin a good thing.

• Visited October 2010
3 Thank LeSqueak
Orange Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will NEVER dine here again...”
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Honestly, this place has been around a long enough time to know how to be a customer service based business. Sadly, they don't. I understand raising prices in today's economy, but the portion sizes shrank, I got charged because I wanted steamed rice vs fried rice, I ordered filet/lobster/shrimp...no one else ordered lobster at our table. My order was cooked up and split between me and a woman on the other side of the table...!? The worst part? I only got 4 pieces and she had 9!! After the chef left, she commented that she had not ordered that, but was "happy" for the bonus. I spoke to the Manager and the "chef" denied doing it, even though the woman said he did. My sushi appetizer NEVER came to the table, but I was told that it did and I ate it. I think I would have known if I did. They were completely after my money. I refused to pay for the lobster, steamed rice OR the sushi and they said they would call the police. I asked if they wanted the number and to call them. Finally, the end result was that I paid for what I thought was right, and I left NO tip. Why should I? The server gave my appetizer to someone at another table (or they never made it), she never refilled my beverage and never asked me if I needed anything. Total rip-off, in MY opinion. A place I will go to? Sushi Rock on Wells Road or Sakura in Mandarin, on SR13.

• Visited August 2010