“Thoroughly enjoyed meal and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fox Restaurant

Fox Restaurant
Ranked #165 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Thoroughly enjoyed meal and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Fox is a delightfully fun, restaurant with delicious food and great service! The menu is casual and vegetarian friendly. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014

Newnan, Georgia
“Not on DDD, but still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were told this restaurant was on Diners, Drive ins, and Dives but after talking with the staff they said they weren't actually on the show, but have received so many people there who thought they were.
Anyways.....
We went for lunch on a Saturday and were able to get right in and sat at the bar area.
I ordered the grilled cheese burger, which is a burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches and yes it was as good as it sounds. It was pretty big and came with fries and it is a lot of food to eat in one sitting.
Overall, a must if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KevinJukes
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Eggs were cooked perfectly, coffee was yummy, chocolate chip pancakes were full of chips! Overall a great dining experience!

Atlanta, GA
“Very Good Food for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

After attending the Jazz Festival in Jacksonville this week, we wanted to try a local place for breakfast. We picked the Fox Restaurant based on a Yelp review.

A simply stated for about, $8 or so dollars, I had a good waffle, grits, turkey bacon and grits. It was enough to fill you up and not stuff you up. The food quality was good and the staff was friendly and nice.

Try it, next time you are in Jacksonville.

• Visited May 2014
Jacksonville
“Great diner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friend Andrew and I were trying to figure out where to go for lunch yesterday. We could not decide on anything so I started going through Urbanspoon's handy neighborhood guide. I really wanted breakfast, so the Fox looked really good to me.
The restaurant is very well hidden right in the middle of Avondale...we walked right by it! Once you walk in, it feels like you are in another world. It has an awesome old school diner feel and is very nostalgic! We took a seat and started looking over the menu. The menu is HUGE! I decided on chocolate chip pancakes and cheese grits. I thought they were going to be regular size pancakes, but they were dinner plate size! I took the first bite and was in chocolate heaven! They do not go cheap on the chocolate chips, and the pancakes were light and fluffy. Absolutely delicious! I didn't love the grits though. They just sprinkled some cheese on the top and called them cheese grits...um no.

Andrew got the Club with potato salad. He said that the bacon was super crispy and everything tasted pretty fresh. I made him help me with the pancakes so I don't think he ate it all though!

Verdict: Loved it! The pancakes were some of the best I have had. They were so chocolatey that they were making me sick towards the end, so that's how you know they are good! I loved the old diner feel and the staff were very friendly. I can't wait to take my husband here on a Sunday morning.

For more Jacksonville restaurant reviews, check out my blog!

• Visited August 2013