“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ovinte

Ovinte
Reserve with OpenTable
Ovinte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,994 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar, American, Bar, International, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Island Drive
Description: Excellent menu selections from Chef Ian Lynch, handmade cocktails, and an extensive wine selection, conveniently located in the St. Johns Town Center. Additional reservations and seating may be available; please call for details.
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I came here for the first time for a business meeting and will definitely be back. The menu was divine... So many small plates & creative things to try!! I far prefer this type of dining to commiting to a single dish. The plate sizes varied so you could create a wonderful meal with anywhere from 2 to 5 plates. It's perfect for a night out with girlfirends to enjoy good wine & graze. The prices were a little steep, but the quality was there. The steak they served rivaled what I've had at III Forks, Del Frisco's etc... perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked. I loved the place even more when I found out it was local. It's a gem!! I hope it thrives.

1 Thank Holly B

Tallahassee, Florida
“Nice tapas place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I can see what they were going for when they decorated/designed the space, but I think it just fell short as you can see a Wendy's in the background. The food was really good, though, and I enjoyed the wine that I had.

I understand that it's a tapas bar, but the portions were extremely small even for an appetizer portion.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice atmosphere and tasty small plates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I met some friends here last weekend for the first time. Lovely setting although a bit loud inside. They did have a patio, but the view is of the parking lot, so we chose staying inside. Decent wine list and very nice and attentive waiter. Very small portions of appetizers and tapas. Great if you aren't too hungry and want to take your time and have a nice glass of wine and catch up with friends. We ordered the sliders, truffle fries, fish plate, cheese plate, ravioli, and shrimp ceviche. All good but not the best food I've ever had. An enjoyable experience, nonetheless. Something different and out of the way.

1 Thank Liz H
“Excellent Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Ovinte is one of my favorite new local scenes in Jacksonville. I have spent many great evenings with their staff and fellow customers. The staff is very accommodating and the ambiance is exactly what I was looking for after a long day. Very relaxed, yet classy wine bar. I would recommend Ovinte to everyone from locals to visitors. Great establishment!

• Visited July 2013
“Perfect Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Ovinte is a fantastic new addition to Jacksonville and the Town Center scene. There are many restaurants in the TC area and you would not have thought they needed another but this is a fantastic place! Great flavorful exotic Italian choices with excellent wine list and cocktails. The Chef. Ian is a master and even came out and sat down with us to tell us about the dishes we were having. Great service, great atmosphere, great food, great drinks... don't miss it and I promise you will be back.

Ian is the BEST!!!