“Very Good - Not Great, but very good.”
Review of The Blue Fish

The Blue Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,109 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Talbot
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The Blue Fish is deservedly one of the better seafood restaurants in Jacksonville, Florida. It is a casual, albeit higher end eatery, serving good fresh seafood in a facility with a nice, modern ambiance. The shrimp I had was a 7.5 on a scale of 10 - very good, but perhaps a little less flavorful than I would have liked. The fresh fish my wife had was very good, blackened nicely and very flavorful. I'd say the sides were a bit less special than the main course, but still acceptable for the price. Overall, don't expect a top of the line experience, but you can bet on an acceptably tasty meal in nice surroundings with pretty attentive service.

1  Thank John J

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Visiting our daughter and son-in-law a few times each year, we enjoy taking them to different and eclectic restaurants in the top 25 of Jacksonville...tonight was a little off that path with focus on seafood and near where our daughter first lived in town. When we first walked in I almost did a turnaround, you know the place...too loud, too pretentious, too high cost...but that was first look and I always give something called "the Blue Fish" a chance. Thank goodness we did, of course we also had 3-year old granddaughter with us. Our waiters, led by Donald K. was attentive and knew every bit of the menu, plus the advance team ordered early food and drinks timely and accurately...the fish options were excellent and the preperation choices exquisite. Plus, they were not put off by the foodies in our table or the three year old who knows her way around seafood. Cheers all around, well worth the stop, but perhaps the open patio in back for quieter time.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Excellent cuisine. All of the dishes had excellent presentaiton as well excellent taste. The service was excellent as weel.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a dinner here after office hours...

The food choices were decent, taste good and of course the servings were big! Their desserts are also great. Efficient and friendly staff as well :)

Feedback: I had to bring home my food as I cannot finish them all. After an hour, the shrimp and scallops already had a funky smell :( and the place is a pricey too...

Reviewed 22 October 2013

A very enjoyable place with a very interesting menu. Have never had a bad meal here. It's fun on weekends with music.