“Definitely Not as Advertised ”
Review of The Blue Fish

The Blue Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,069 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Talbot
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I was invited to a rehearsal dinner at Blue Fish and was very excited to try it out. After 10 minutes I was already looking for the exit. Since it was a pre-selected menu, all the waiters had to do were take drink orders. That was apparently too difficult of a task though. Once the food arrived my disappointment only continued. My filet was already cut for me like I was 12 and made it completely cold when put on the table. I may have just been there on a off night for the staff, but I do not plan on going back. Hope you have a better experience than me.

1  Thank likestoparty

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The wife and I had business in Jax back in February so we stopped for our second visit to the Blue Fish. The food and drinks were great and the service was beautiful. Every employee made you feel welcome and treated you like a valued customer. The raw oysters were outstanding. in quality and value. The oyster prices were half of what we would pay for home in New Jersey. Make sure you stop if you are in the Jacksonville area and looking for a good meal off the beaten path and away from the typical chain restaurants in the mall parking lots.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went with a party of 9 for a special occasion on a Sunday evening - 7:30 reservations. Service was incredibly slow and unresponsive to comments about it. Waited over an hour for food that was not at the same levels as the prices. I ordered the scallops w mac n cheese. It might have been better if it had been hot. I was so hungry after the wait, I didn't want to send it back. The whole snapper my friend had (and was told would not have bones after the server cleaned it) was full of bones. Another dish at the table was so salty, they did not charge us. It is a beautiful restaurant and location and expected more for $30 entrees. Would NOT recommend.

1  Thank CPA316
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to have brunch on Saturday or Sunday. A dog friendly front and back patio, both beautiful. A cold bar buffet comes with your meal and is absolutely delicious. The offerings are delightful. A beautiful mixed green salad with homemade dressings, pasta salad with kalamata olives, capers, and sun dried tomatoes, biscuits, baked brie, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, to name a few. The main courses for brunch are beautifully created and the flavors couldn't be more perfect. Each meal comes with a bloody Mary or mimosa and you can add the unlimited option for just $5. If you're a foodie and love brunch spots, this place is perfect!!!!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

With apologies to Dr. Seuss but we stopped in for Happy Hour and were pleasantly surprised. The beer was cold and the oysters fresh, our server Parker was excellent, gladly answering questions about the menu. We arrived at 3:00 and the place quickly filled up with an eclectic mix of patrons from 20 somethings to really old people like me. Everyone was having a good time without being rowdy. If you happen to be on the Westside of Jacksonville in the mid-afternoon you should stop by and try some oysters, beer and pleasant company.