“Delicious birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Fish

The Blue Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Talbot
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Blue fish is located in the Avondale area of Jacksonville. It's in a quaint little shopping area so there is limited parking but it was easy enough to find something on a side street.
We made a reservation for 5 & originally wanted to sit outside in the court yard but because of the heat moved inside, which was no problem at all.
Two of us tried a crab stuffed rainbow trout and each thought the crab stuffing was dry. The red-pepper mashed potatoes that came with it were amazing! Some of the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. The shrimp & grits were HUGE & could easily make two meals.
We ended with coffees & delicious desserts, we tried the white chocolate bread pudding & the chocolate peanut butter pie, yum!
Of course this restaurant is a little more expensive than some but it was a great place to celebrate.

• Visited May 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent but pricey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are in the mood for fresh seafood or oysters but don't mind dropping a few dollars this is the spot for you. The service is always excellent and the atmosphere is open and good, not too loud. A great place if you're in the mood for seafood but don't want to hit the beaches.

• Visited May 2014
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Definitely Not as Advertised ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I was invited to a rehearsal dinner at Blue Fish and was very excited to try it out. After 10 minutes I was already looking for the exit. Since it was a pre-selected menu, all the waiters had to do were take drink orders. That was apparently too difficult of a task though. Once the food arrived my disappointment only continued. My filet was already cut for me like I was 12 and made it completely cold when put on the table. I may have just been there on a off night for the staff, but I do not plan on going back. Hope you have a better experience than me.

1 Thank likestoparty
Trenton, New Jersey
“Great Reason To Stop In Jacksonville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The wife and I had business in Jax back in February so we stopped for our second visit to the Blue Fish. The food and drinks were great and the service was beautiful. Every employee made you feel welcome and treated you like a valued customer. The raw oysters were outstanding. in quality and value. The oyster prices were half of what we would pay for home in New Jersey. Make sure you stop if you are in the Jacksonville area and looking for a good meal off the beaten path and away from the typical chain restaurants in the mall parking lots.

• Visited February 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Went with a party of 9 for a special occasion on a Sunday evening - 7:30 reservations. Service was incredibly slow and unresponsive to comments about it. Waited over an hour for food that was not at the same levels as the prices. I ordered the scallops w mac n cheese. It might have been better if it had been hot. I was so hungry after the wait, I didn't want to send it back. The whole snapper my friend had (and was told would not have bones after the server cleaned it) was full of bones. Another dish at the table was so salty, they did not charge us. It is a beautiful restaurant and location and expected more for $30 entrees. Would NOT recommend.

• Visited March 2014