“Front desk receptionist not so nice. Accommodations were......”

Marble Waters Hotel & Suites
Ranked #96 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Madison, Wisconsin
“Front desk receptionist not so nice. Accommodations were......”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Showed up to check out the rooms. Front desk person was rude and lost. She should NOT be the first person someones speaks with. Hotel looks nice from the outside BUT.
1.Alarm goes off in next room.
2.beer bottle caps in our room.
3.Asked for 2 extra towels....twice and never got them.
4.Window doesnt open to outside.
5.Pool / hot tub closes at nine but it wasnt opened at all.
6.clocks were off by an hour in our room....guessing there hasnt been anyone in there for awhile.
7.Jetted tub was VERY noisy and came on every 20 min. I had to unplug it.
8.Broken tile in bathroom...very sharp.
9.Dried something on bathroom wall.
10. Water is not hot.
11. Says ice machine on 4th floor.....no ice machine....its on the 3rd floor.
12. Front desk person........yeah shouldnt be there.

when we left a Manager was standing at the front desk. I didnt say anything about our stay there because he was being a dink and asking if we were checking in after I said checking out of 421. Then i had to say it 2 more times......421 ...421 because he wouldnt shut up.

I left the hotel and there was a wallet laying in the parking lot. I brought it back in and gave it to him. I said I found it outside. Whats the first thing he says.....NO not thank you. He says oh well there isnt any money in it. Yeah nice.......so nice.

The hotel has potential. we met the food staff there and they were very nice. we also met a couple other older guests and they were nice. Nice and drunk but nice.

Id get rid of the front desk people at the very least. Then I would fix the rooms. Lots of corners cut at this hotel. Tiles are broken ad uneven and the list goes on.

Would I recommend this place. YEP......I recommend the owners WAKE UP. The place has ALOT of potential but if someone doesnt act this place will be a DUMP in a year.

Room Tip: Jetted tubs are VERY noisy......I mean like WOW noisy. Get your extra towels BEFORE you pay otherwis...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank jeff0311
MarbleHotel2013, Front Office Manager at Marble Waters Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear jeff0311,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.

We aim to provide the ideal experience for all of our guests and are disappointed to
hear about your dissatisfaction with your recent stay. We
strive for quality customer service, we take our reviews and
guest comments very seriously and really do use them to
better the experience for the next guest. The reported front
desk concerns have all been evaluated and addressed, all
other concerns have been passed to management in an effort
to improve our property for a more enjoyable stay. We
appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to
host you again soon.
With hospitality,

Melissa Morrow
Front Desk Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jacksonville
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It's my fault. I live less than 10 minutes away and have not seen many cars in the lot. I went to the restaurant to try it out before the family came in. The thought was to add another spot for us to go for lunch and/or dinner. Twice no one was in the restaurant. The third time the food wasn't worth the trip. The Soul Food Bistro on the other side of atlantic blvd is soooo much better. I can't personally comment on the rooms. My brother notices an odor and walked out. I don't know how someone could have rated the hotel and/or restaurant a five. Suspicious!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tedhaynes
MarbleHotel2013, Manager at Marble Waters Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear TedHaynes,

thank you for reaching out with your concerns. We aim to provide the ideal
experience for all of our guests and are disappointed to
hear about your dissatisfaction with your recent visit. We
strive for quality customer service, we take our reviews and
guest comments very seriously and really do use them to
better the experience for the next guest. The Brinkk Restaurant concerns have all been evaluated and addressed, all other concerns have been passed to management in an effort
to improve our property for a more enjoyable experience. We have also increased our staff so this problem will not occur again. We appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

With hospitality,

Management of the Brinkk Restaurant.
Atlantic Beach, FL
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My mother always told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I will say the beds here are very comfortable. The TV is nice, and large, making the little we watched it more enjoyable for my legally blind husband.

We booked this hotel quite a while back, knowing it was brand new, and it was close to family members whom we were spending Thanksgiving time with. We were supposed to have "complimentary" breakfasts each morning, but were told the "chef" did not show up, so we only had breakfast available on one of three mornings we stayed there. They did have a Keurig in the room, but only had one out of four k cups that was regular coffee. The other three we weren't interested in, but were told if we wanted additional regular coffee, we would have to pay $1 for each. There is also a sign that says you must use bottled water to make your coffee, yet they only supplied one bottle on the first day. We had to buy our own water to make it for the other 2 mornings. They use "real" coffee cups, but when I picked one up to look at it, there were greasy fingerprints all over it. I had to wash them myself, as all I could think about was the news show that exposed hotel maids just rinsing out coffee cups, or using windex, but not cleaning them properly, or giving new, dishwashed cups!!!! Speaking of maids; they don't do a very good job cleaning, either. I opened the nightstand drawer to find crumbs and hair!!!! There was also a long, black hair on the shower curtain!!!

There were very few cars in the parking lot, indicating a fairly empty hotel. I feel sorry for them. The place has potential. In my opinion, they need more staff, and better management.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank curleegirl1114
MarbleHotel2013, General Manager at Marble Waters Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Curleegirl1114,

Resolving a few issues I would like to say that we have made the necessary changes in order to accommodate our guests’ needs. We no longer charge for any addition coffee or water refills in the rooms. The continental breakfast has been eliminated and replaced with a deluxe, hot breakfast bar. The fitness center will be up and running, open and available to all of our guests, however some of our guests choose to take advantage of our contract with LA Fitness located directly across the street from our hotel, also free of charge.

we have also doubled our staffing, and all housekeeping issues have also bee resolved. we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and hope you will visit again.

Marble Waters Hotel and Suites Management
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Our stay was very NICE. The hotel is very clean and the staff was very attentive. Hats off to Ms. Martha Bush who is the chef for the Brinks Restaurant!! The next time we are in Jacksonville we will defintely stay at this hotel!!
Thank you so much!!
The Williams and Bradsher Family

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Colette W
Dear Valued Guest!

Thank you very much for your kind truth and wonderful review!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

We appreciate you!

Owners and Management of Marble Waters Hotel and Suites.
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My family visited on 8/31/13. The problems started from the time we walked in. The smell in the lobby very off-putting. The front desk staff was slow and prone to errors.

After getting our room keycard, we were given a room that was occupied by a mysterious guest who was not registered at the hotel (according to the front desk clerk). That was not the only problem with getting into the room, after asking to be put on a different floor from the mystery guest, the front desk clerk assigned us to a room 4 doors away. We protested and she said that the other rooms were not available. That made for a troubling evening. And on top of that the door keycard had to be reprogrammed twice during our stay.

The biggest problem was charging and re-charging my credit card for numerous rooms not asked for on the reservation. I contacted Visa and the management team. Marble Waters agreed to refund the initial incorrect charge, but then they have recharged the incorrect amount twice more. The charges has yet to be resolved or stopped as of 9/26/13 (beware).

The room was nice (and very yellow), but there were fit and finish problems - poor finish painting, cheap bathroom hardware, scratches and scuff in the bathroom, and TV problems.

The pool area was barren: there were no chairs, tables, and the water feature was not working. The gym is just a room with brown paper over the windows and no equipment. The little shop in the hotel was not completed and was equipped with a cash register, soda cooler and boxes of chips on display.

The restaurant was adequate, except for the fact that it was closed on the morning we departed. They did have a small table with cereal, OJ, butter, and glazed pastries - nothing more.

Also, the door keys are used to enter the hotel after hours. Both times the keys did not work and we had to wait for the night staff to 'arrive' and let us in.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Van H
Dear Van H,

Resolving a few issues I would like to say that we have made the necessary changes in order to accommodate our guests’ needs. We no longer charge for any addition coffee or water refills in the rooms. The continental breakfast has been eliminated and replaced with a deluxe, hot breakfast bar. Also we have hired new staff and done very thorough front desk staff training so the problems you ran into before have been resolved.

we have also doubled our staffing, and all housekeeping issues have also been resolved. we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and hope you will visit again.

Marble Waters Hotel and Suites Management
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is a new hotel that the family used because it is located near a relative. We recently had three rooms for family to stay. The physical property is nice because it is brand new (opened in April 2013). It is clean, comfortable furniture, Keurig in room, good AC and TV. The staff were pleasant but not always able to deliver. We asked for extra pillows, told to ask at the front desk. At the front desk, told to ask housekeeping.Result-no pillows. One room was reserved through Expedia, only stayed one night and still have gotten no refund. Called three times to the manager and never got a call back. Finally wouldn't be transfered until the front desk person got the manager to the phone. I was told this was the first refund with Expedia and they didn't know how to do it. Need to train staff and get their act together.

Room Tip: Call to the hotel directly to make reservations. Don't use other booking sites as the staff does...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RoseArborCottage
As Management of Marble Waters Hotel and Suites,

I would like to post a response to the pressing issues that have been brought up. First and foremost I want to say we are a fairly new hotel that has just reached our year mark. Due to the large amount of guests, we have had to double our staff to insure all guests’ needs are met, and our staff is doing a tremendous job making sure of that.

We take all of our customer’s reviews very seriously and treat them with the upmost care. Resolving a few issues I would like to say that we have made the necessary changes in order to accommodate our guests’ needs. We no longer charge for any addition coffee or water refills in the rooms.

All of the front desk staff training and housekeeping issues have also been reviewed and resolved.

We at Marble Waters Hotel and Suites are striving to assure that each and every guest is accommodated in a professional and timely fashion. We thank you for your feedback and hope that these corrections will lead you to return.

Thank you for your honesty.

The Owners and Management Of Marble Waters Hotel & Suites
Charlotte NC
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The good: keurig in every room. Comfortable beds. Clean. Pleasant front desk staff. Nice whirlpool tub. Air conditioner worked great.

The bad: whoever decorated and chose the color scheme for this hotel should be fired. The "golden brick road" yellow in the bathrooms was enough to make you sick. We called down 3 times for extra pillows, but no one ever brought them. This morning, my father went down for coffee (he is not sold on the keurig just yet) but the front desk staff told him the had no coffee made downstairs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Boonedocker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Neptune Beach - Mayport/Mayo Clinic
Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville East
Hampton Inn & Suites Beach Boulevard/Mayo Clinic Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#64 of 133 in Jacksonville
Hampton Inn Jacksonville East Regency Square

Been to Marble Waters Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!