“disorganized”

Sid and Linda's Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #112 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We went to Sid and Linda's based on trip advisor reviews. We were seated in a large room and forgotten. After sitting for 15 or 20 minutes I called someone aver and asked could they let the waitress know we were there? I think the problem is they had 4 waitresses working the room but it seemed like none of them had their own tables...they would stop where ever they were. We gave our order and waited at least 45 minutes...while we were waiting people were leaving the table next to us noticed how long it was and came over and said "when it gets here its good". So they must have waited a long time also. Finally someone came over and I asked what was going on and she said our order had fallen on the floor and not noticed. I think if waitresses had their own tables someone would have noticed before. Anyway we had a couple of fried baskets which were good when we got them. That is why I rated it 3 stars otherwise I would have rated lower for the service.

1  Thank simmom1951

Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is one of the places in Jax for shrimp and fish. I've now been there twice (months apart due to travel) and it was excellent both times!! They now have more space which makes the waits shorter. The service is excellent with friendly, smiling servers.
Even when they are busy, they don't rush you and the food arrives hot/cold as it should be.

1  Thank Earleen H
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Driving through Jacksonville, heading south we needed lunch and so Was it good you ask...we opened Tripadvisor and we were just down the road from Sid and Lindas so this seemed like a no-brainer (my specialty). Was it good you asked??.....no it wasn't...it was great. I had the blackened shrimp basket and my wife got her shrimp broiled. The food was fabulous, the service quick and attentive,and at a very reasonable price....I highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Linda was coming back from getting the mail and making the bank deposit and I held the door for her and got a big hug! Sid was in the dining room and immediately we hugged as well. Food was great, just like when they were at Safe Harbor. Their daughter was waiting tables in the newest dining room and didn't recognize me but had recognized my wife. Had the four seafood choice meal and it was plentiful and fabulous, just as I expected. My wife had her predictable fried shrimp and we both cleaned our plates. Will be regulars, just as we were at Safe Harbor! Our go-to-place!!!!!!

1  Thank howardm411
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Imagine my surprise when I was in the area for lunch and the place was two times bigger than the last time I was in this spring. You don't have to fight for a table anymore at the lunch time rush. Crab cakes always a favorite and any of the fresh fish catches.

Service is always good - they go out of their way to take care of you.

Will be back when I am in the area!~