“Wanted to Try a New Spot”

Sid and Linda's Seafood Market & Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We love supporting the mom and pop restaurants and wanted to try a new one near us, Sid and Linda's Seafood Market and Rest. in the BJ's plaza on Atl Blvd. I believe they were the former owners of Safe Harbor fish market in Mayport. It was a Saturday night and the place was hopping. They were a lot of people standing by the door, very busy and confusing waiting for take-out and tables, but there wasn't anyone to seat us or a sign that said "wait to be seated" or "seat yourselves". We waited maybe 2-3 minutes and the gal at the desk who was cashing out customers came from behind the desk and sat us. She was super nice, telling us who our waitress would be. Our waitress came a few minutes later, extremely friendly even though she must've been frazzled. We had fish sandwiches and they were great. Service really good, busy, noisy, my kind of place.

Besides the confusion at the front of the restaurant, the only other thing that I think they MUST get fixed before summer is the quality of the blinds in the dining room. They were pulled down all right but they have slats and the late afternoon, HOT, sun coming through the slats was unbelievable. They need complete black-out shades for the summer sun in the evening. It didn't feel like the air was on either. Super hot and uncomfortable.

Other than those 2 things, we really enjoyed it and will go back.

1  Thank norma j

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I have been here a few times and I probably have already have a review. This is place has great seafood! The fish is fresh. I had the Basa (grilled), and it was delicious. The green bean medley is awesome and the spinach cakes are the best. Love the sauces, too. The waitresses are super friendly and the service was timely (I remember waiting awhile in the past). Excellent overall experience and value. Would suggest raising the music volume a notch or two louder.

1  Thank hanahwy
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our second time eating here and every time the food is fantastic!! The staff that works there work together very well together. The food is prepared in a timely manner and the food portions are excellent and the cost is too. We enjoy eating here and now have found a seafood restaurant that has real quality fish and other seafood items. They also sell fresh fish there. This place is worth the time to have an enjoyable dinner with a great atmosphere. Come out and try it you won't be disappointed !!

3  Thank timnoles1
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We heard alot of good things about this place from friends so we thought we'd give it a shot. There was a 10 min wait for a table since it was a busy night but it was all worth it!!!! My husband and I will be back for sure. You must try the crab soup and gumbo! The gumbo is for the spicy lovers. You wont be disappointed. Fried shrimp just hits the spot and their coleslaw is surprisingly really good. Not too wet not too dry and very sweet. I ordered their shrimp tacos that were quite different than your "ordinary taco". All the ingredients just blend so well. Shrimp, coleslaw, cheese, and a spicy datil pepper sauce. My husband ordered the blackened mahi which was amazing as he says. I had a bite and was amazed. So moist and tasty. We will have to come back another time to try the other stuff.

2  Thank emilystewart28
Reviewed 29 January 2014

i absolutely love this place. Definitely will be back again to try more. I ate lunch here on Sunday and it was pretty jam packed! I assumed it was a after-church crowd since I came at 1pm. I was sat immediately and my server was very pleasant. I asked her what was one of the best sellers and she advised me to order the Ginger Garlic Shrimp and I'll tell you I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! In the platter I got 12 jumbo shrimp (that were so plump and cooked perfectly) with their homemade ginger garlic sauce, green beans, 2pc hushpuppies, coleslaw, and a choice of rice, loaded bake potato, or spinach cake (that they also make fresh there). I automatically chose the spinach cake. it sounded interesting so I thought I'd give It a try. AND ONCE AGAIN I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! everything was amazing! all their food is made fresh and in-house which was a plus for me. Despite the crowd everything was perfect & service was impeccable!
FIVE STARS TO MY NEW FAVORITE SPOT!!!!!!!!!! You will be seeing more of me there.

4  Thank DSingleton14