“Great Service and Great Food”
Review of Yummy Pho

Yummy Pho
Ranked #738 of 2,075 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I highly recommend this place. Fast and friendly service with delicious food. One of my very favorites!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Normandy Boulevard, a dreary sun-blasted stretch of five-lane asphalt radiating heat, run down oddball businesses, chain eateries and crime. Could be anywhere in the third world. Haute cuisine here is a trip to The Pig. Chinese food is of the gummy-nasty variety. Makes you want to run home and pet your cat. Popeye's, Krystal Burger, Golden Corral set the scene. Every city has a few arterials like this one. The kind you stay away from unless you need a 24-hour pharmacy or an "urgent care" storefront clinic.

I do transit this area from time-to-time and I recently noticed that one of the cookie-cutter fast-food joints had been transformed into "Yummy Pho". Although Pho and I are a basic mismatch (how do you eat this stuff without splashing?) I love Asian food and on occasion elect to sacrifice a shirt to my craving for boiling noodles. I had a good feeling about Yummy Pho and our first visit was an immediate winner.

We were greeted by a nice, clean and attractive interior. I divide low-price restaurants into "sticky table" and "clean table" when summing them up and this was a "clean table" affair. Our waitress, Liberty (yes, like the statue), was a charming young member of the management family who greeted us pleasantly and assisted us in navigating the menu and the surprisingly extensive beer selection. Our food showed up promptly and was of excellent quality, truly above average.

The "benchmark" in local Pho joints is "Bowl of Pho" located way across town on the Southside. The food at Yummy Pho is of equal quality if not "better" (I do not presume to be a judge of Vietnamese cooking), cleanliness is apparent throughout and the place was much less crowded as befits a new restaurant in a marginal location. The majority of the clientele were, as one might expect, Asians, always a good sign.

Adjacent to Yummy Pho you will find the new location of Hung Thin Asian Market so you can load up on exotic ingredients and grab a tasty and inexpensive meal right next door. Anyone within striking distance of the Westside should be encouraged to eat here and sustain this excellent local eatery.

1  Thank buybeach
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This restaurant opened about 3 weeks ago and I was really impressed with my first visit. The food was really good and served fairly quickly. They were still in the process of training the wait staff when I visited. The owner came over and spoke to me while I was dining and was genuinely interested in my dining experience. I will definitely be adding this to my list of regular dinner spots.

1  Thank Nevyntoo