“Brisket is the best”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #9 of 2,049 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great BBQ menu with a huge selection to choose from. I had the very tender brisket, crispy fried okra and tasty collard greens. For dessert, I split the moist coconut cake with my son. I enjoyed everything very much and will make this restaurant a must stop when I travel on I-95, it is a short 3/4 mile drive from the highway.

There are newer reviews for 4 Rivers Smokehouse

Reviewed 16 November 2013

dined here today. I have been to the location in Winter Park before. The food was better here than the WInter Park location. The line was almost at the door just past the Saturday lunch hour. Seating is 'get what you can'. With a long line, that means you won't find one. Fortunately, by the time we got our food, a table was available. Other than the staff making your food, everything else is self serve which is fine. The weather was nice so we dined on the covered patio. We ordered pulled pork, sweet potato casserole, green beans, fried okra, collards, and fries. All of it was good. We will come back to try the sausage and ribs. Overall, a good meal and good BBQ for Jacksonville.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have to say at the outset that I am not a particular fan of BBQ....but this was amazing! We had our business lunch catered by 4 Rivers, which is new to the JAX area...and I thought "oh no, not another miserable BBQ lunch." I was blown away!! We had the best cole slaw, superlative baked beans (I was tempted to lick the plate), succulent pulled pork and the best brisket I've ever tasted. There is another 4 Rivers in Orlando, so I texted my friend who lives there that they have to go!!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Floored. Such quality BBQ from a cafeteria-style restaurant. With specialty sodas. And desserts. How can you top this? It's a little pricy for "fast food" but the quality is beyond belief. I'm a fan for life!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

While attending a meeting in Jacksonville Fl found 4Rivers Smokehouse listed on Tripadvisor seemed to be highly rated and since it was close by I decided to give it a try. It was ok, nothing special to write home about for sure. It was more like a cafeteria style restaurant, reminded me of the old Ponderosa Steakhouses in 70's. For the same money I could go to Smokey Bones enjoy sports bar atmosphere and better ambience in a Smokehouse setting. Something about eating off a square of brown wrapping paper probably did not appeal to my dining senses.