“Awesome Food. Great Price”

4 Rivers Smokehouse
Ranked #8 of 2,057 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 4 Rivers is a family-owned smokehouse specializing in 30-day aged brisket, homemade southern sides and fresh bakery items.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place is wonderful. First timer last night and it takes Sonny's and Bono's. This is the most authentic and fresh BBQ I have had. Not to mention their desserts looked delicious. I didn't eat any though, but I will be back. The sausage you have to try. The price is $12.49 but you get 3 sides and a biscuit. The sausage with the sides could have fed 3 people for the amount they give you. Delicious. The ribs were slow cooked and literally fell off the bone. If you haven't been you have to go. This is not a sit down and someone comes by to take your order, you place your order, like at Boston Market and then you take it with you to your seat. But it is soooooo good.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time to this Resturaunt and could not be happier. We were concerned with the line out the door but it moves really fast. Our dinner was great, the portions were perfect, and the deserts looked amazing but we didn't save room this time. We will be returning, thanks!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ribs, pulled pork and veggies all great. Lines can be long at dinner but worth the wait. Tables are both inside and out (under covered porch).

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Just had lunch at 4 Rivers BBQ. The ribs were great, just how I like them! The Briskett was delicious! For sides we had mashed sweet potatoes, BBQ beans and roasted corn. All sides were great!

For desert we took out an almond Joy bar and coconut cake. The deserts are to die for!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

...I've been here many time and admire there voodoo BBQ. The rest of the service experience is consistently mediocre.

I'm not fond of the cafeteria style service, and would gladly pay for real service. The atmosphere is Texas style, rough and tumble, cowboy. I would rate the establishment a 6/10 for cleanliness. Service 7/10, and food 7/10.

I ordered a smoked chicken. The bird was small. Real small. The breasts were tiny. A whole chicken should feed two comfortably, I ate the entire thing and was still hungry an hour later. The issue with my chicken had nothing to do with flavor or quality of cook or presentation, but rather the tiny breasted chickens, I have smoked many chickens on my grill but have never seen that small of a chicken.

I will go back, and I will order the chicken, again, and will still be hungry after, but satisfied because the rub is fantastic!