“Nice bookstore/cafe right in town.”
Review of Chamblin's

Chamblin's
Ranked #396 of 2,075 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stumbled across this gem while looking for a bite to eat. I enjoyed a delicious vegetarian wrap and my husband loved his roast beef wrap. Atmosphere was fun and casual, staff was pleasant, and extra bonus was being surrounded by books while enjoying lunch - just what you should want when it comes to a great place that has a quick, healthy alternative to fast food!
(Chamblin has two locations, listed on the website)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

There are actually two locations. The original location is on Roosevelt Blvd, north of NAS Jacksonville. The newest spot is smack in the heart of downtown Jacksonville. I prefer the original store, but I think only because I'm used to it. If you can't find a particular book at either of the Chamblin's stores, that book just isn't meant to be yours! They have the absolute widest selection of used books that I've ever seen. They take trades and offer fair prices. They also have music, DVDs, maps, and some magazines. Plan on spending a couple of hours, at least!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch on Sunday and then browsed the books for sale. Someone was playing piano outside and that was a neat touch. I would eat here again!

1  Thank AliceDilts
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Not only does Chambin's have an enormous selection of books but they know EXACTLY where you can find what you are looking for. And they have new best sellers for 20% off retail. I have found wanted material here that was not available at the libraries. A Jax. treasure. I even have out-of-state visitors include Cham's during their visits!

1  Thank janetmmyers2
Reviewed 29 July 2013

There are not a lot of cool, trendy places in downtown Jacksonville, so Chamblin's is definitely worth the stop. The coffee shop is hip and for a few moments you might feel like you're in a real city! But the main reason to go to Chamblin's is to stroll through the aisles of books. Even times when I've gone there "just to look" I end up purchasing something. Too many rare finds which are impossible to resist.

Been to Chamblin's? Share your experiences!