Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
US$113
US$170
US$144
HotelIndigo.com
All reviewsfire pitale housegreat hotelsouthside blvdmovie theaterwithin walking distancejohns town centerrestaurants and shoppingthe breakfast areawafflesclean roomsking suitedefinitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfasta great stayconvenient locationfront desk staff
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn, and there were two large dogs in the room next to me that barked until 8:30pm, and started again at 7:30am. i called the front desk but they could not or would not do anything about the problem. I can understand having pets in the room, but they should not be allowed to disturb the paying guests.

Room Tip: Rooms not near barking dogs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray K
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear Ray K,
I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience while at our hotel. Allowing pets to stay here has, for the most part, been wonderful for both our guests who travel with their pets, and for us as well. On occasion, a situation like yours will occur, and it presents a diffucult problem for our staff to handle. We make every effort to get as must contact information we can, so that we can alert the dogs owners of any problems. On rare occasion, we are unable to make contact, and it is not safe for us to enter the room in an effort to resolve the situation. I completely agree with you. All of our guests should be able to rest and relax during your stay, and I can imagine that must of been frustrating for you. I would like to discuss this in further detail with you, and request you call me at 904-997-9100. Again, I apologize for this problem, and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Excellent hotel. Between the bride's and groom's family, we had several rooms at this hotel for our daughter's wedding at the UNF University Center. Jennifer, the Director of Sales juggled all the room reservations and changes as needed prior to our stay. (I didn't get the chance to meet her in person like I wanted, just too busy). Everyone really enjoyed their stay here; the breakfast, waterfall to sit by and relax, and pool for the kids. All the hotel staff I encountered were very nice and willing to help. The front desk personnel were so friendly and handled the giving of my "welcome gift bags" to family and friends as they checked in. Thank you all at the Hampton Inn Deerwood Park Jacksonville!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear Lori E,
Thank you very muck for your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that the wedding went well, and I have passed your comments along to Jennifer and the rest of the staff. We all love to hear about our guest's good experiences, and truly apprecieate your time in writing this.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

A few of us stayed here a couple of nights this week. This Hampton Inn is centrally located to Orange Park and the beaches. The property is clean, safe and well kept. There are many businesses within walking distance, including Tinseltown Theater. The staff is friendly, helpful and attentive.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Alice J,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad to hear you were pleased with our hotel, and that our location was convenient for you. We hope to see you again the next time your in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is an excellent hotel. It is extremely clean and looks brand new. The location is within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping. The fitness room is small but has the necessary equipment. The breakfast is a typcial Hampton Inn meal. The staff was very accomodating.

Room Tip: The hotel has suites with pull out beds for extra guests
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Docexaminer,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It was nice to read your comments and to recieve high marks! Our hotel is about 8 years old, but our staff works very hard in maintaining it, so I'm glad to hear their hard work is paying off. Thanks again, and I hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel during labor day weekend. It's probably 15 mins to the beach but it was easy to get to. There's a movie theater and tons of restaurants within walking distance. Most of the staff we encountered are very friendly. There's a pretty loud sports bar near te hotel and thoughwe're on the 6th floor, we could still hear the music. I can't even guess how loud that might have sounded in the lower floors. If you want to avoid that, request for a room on the other side of the building. The pool and patio were great - nice place to relax. Minor complaints: breakfast was a bit disappointing. The 2 mornings we ate breakfast there, there wasn't any meat on the spread - just eggs, waffles and another hot item. Also, We had to wait 10 mins to check out because the front desk staff (A****a) was in a personal phone call (using both her cell and hotel phone). We could have just left our keys but she didn't even acknowledge us until she was done with her call.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the sports bar
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
DanJordan, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear JHaeded,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even though you had to experience the noise coming from the bar next door. I also appreciete that you didn't hold the actions on one employee against the entire staff. I apologize for the poor customer service that you recieved at check out, and I assure you, we will take corrective action so that this does not happen again. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.